Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnCook1994

Question about BLOOD Actors.

Hi guys,

I want to try to make a pk3, not like Psychophobia or Ultimate Torment and Torture, just a experimental map with custom monsters.

I have played a few wads that have cultists, hell-hounds, and Axe Zombies on several mods. The first mod, I did encounter BLOOD monsters was City of the Damned: Apocalypse. I find this game interesting in mapping, the main point is, I am interested in the monsters, I would like to have advice on getting monsters from BLOOD, and giving credit to Monolith Productions. I also am tempted to get some Monsters from Mr. Tormentor667's Website.
(Enough with the background of my topic, going for the list)

- Where could I find any monsters from BLOOD, Duke Nukem, Herectic, Hexen, or etc...
- If I cannot find them, how may I apply a sprite sheet of a grey cultist (for example) and use photoshop, and learn a lot more of the ACTOR part of DECORATE of Slade 3.
- Is it a bad idea to get monsters from Mr. Tormentor667's site, and credit them; I don't want to edit his famous work...

That's all for the topic...

~JohnCook [PsychoX]

JohnCook1994 said:

- Is it a bad idea to get monsters from Mr. Tormentor667's site, and credit them;

Why would it be a bad idea to use publicly available things that are there to be used?

Because I don't want to get in trouble and say, it's mine, if I make a mistake by not citing anyone's work. Then yeah, I would get in big trouble.

Then you simply credit whoever made the things you get from realm667.

1. There are practically no other sites with monster downloads like Realm667 is. Your only other hope is to rip wads where you've seen these monsters (ZBlood), or rip just the sprites (from the original game or from anywhere) and write your own DECORATE.
2. DECORATE
3. Believe that the monsters on Realm667 are available to download to be used by people. Just give credit to the creators (many already have a CREDITS text file that lists the actual creators).

What more do you need than a link to a wad that has them all, including pre-made DECORATE scripts for all of them?

>>> ZBlood <<<

Or search the internet for a different link to this wad. This link was included next to a 5 year old Youtube video.

Also, here is a link to >>> ZBlood+ <<< demo from 2012.

I would be grateful for this, but I am new to DECORATE and actors (except for importing custom made monsters). So, let me test those two files out on SLADE 3, and give credit. I want to try to make a project, but I am not announcing it, unfortunately.

How would I edit the Axe Zombie, whenever it hits, he goes down, but he raises up. How would I even write that???

Thank ye'

~JohnCook [Zealot9000]