Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Argent Agent

Skirmish One-on-One Duel

---[SYNOPSIS]---
Skirmish One-on-One is a twenty map pack of one-on-one (duel) maps made in the Boom Mapping Format. The maps vary in style and game play with 'brain-play' as the crux to it all. While some maps are entirely original in concept and style, some of the other maps play off of or were inspired by the design or style of other maps and are intended to either have a contrasting yet fun game play experience or to be an improvement of the original concept (you can call them homages, cameos, reduxes, whatever you'd like).

These maps were originally meant to be played with OS settings, but will work just as well with other setting combinations and are even more fun when played with wads such as Eon Weapons. The larger maps (and probably the majority of the maps anyway) in the set will also make for good 2v2 Team Deathmatches.

I originally made and advertised these maps for play on Zandronum, though they should work on source ports such as Odamex and ZDaemon (though I have not extensively tested the wad on either of these and only performed a brief test on Odamex to test functionality. If it will work on Odamex then it should work on ZDaemon).

---[BUILD TIME / TESTING INFO]---
The duel pack was started in August of 2013 (when the project was under the name of ArgDuel) and was meant to be released into separate portions starting in Winter of 2013, but complications arose which hindered me from making a release until a more recent time. I have tested all of these maps with numerous individuals in order to tweak and balance the layouts and item placements to a high degree (a thanks to all of those who tested - list of testers included within the credits file in the wad).

---[CREDITING INFORMATION]---
Check the credits lump enclosed within the wad file for details on source material.

---[DOWNLOAD]---
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/s-u/skirmish.zip

---[SCREENSHOTS]---

Spoiler

Idk if I'll be doing any duels in the near future, but these do look like fun vs maps. Maybe in the future I'll play some duels here :)

This is, simply put, a great duel pack. It's nice to see something truly duel oriented too, rather than just "small DM maps". I really enjoyed the homages and would reccommend this to any dueler. Great stuff.

(I know I already gave an idgames review but oh well wgaf)

*raises hand*

I'm pretty much in every single Doom related IRC channel and have all 3 online source ports ready to use. Unless I'm asleep or at work, I'm very much down.

I don't go in IRC channels but I have Steam and Skype for communication outside of forums.

P.S. hint hint my Steam profile is the little house icon under my posts

I think I'm the only person left in the world who doesn't use Skype or Steam. I guess modern rigs have no trouble running all that shit in the background but mine can't keep up :)

Doesn't work with Brutal Doom even when I have both wads in my skins folder. 0 / 10

Catastrophe said:

Doesn't work with Brutal Doom even when I have both wads in my skins folder. 0 / 10

Did you try downloading more RAM? Try it on ZDaemon or Odamex, I'm sure it will work.

Catastrophe said:

Did you try reformatting your Brutal Doom drive?