Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ApocalylpseDoomer

how do i get a doom II Iwad on my Doomsday server

You're likely to get the legal answer here.

Go buy it on Steam for $5.

I have a feeling you don't have a CC to buy it though. Just a feeling.

If you already bought it from Steam, Copy the IWAD from that folder where you installed it .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

If you already bought it from Steam, Copy the IWAD from that folder where you installed it .

That isn't nesscerry. If Doomsday can't find an Iwad (i.e the Doom2 Iwad) in the folder you designate as your Iwad folder, it will automatically look for and load Steam installed versions instead.

Vermil said:

That isn't nesscerry. If Doomsday can't find an Iwad (i.e the Doom2 Iwad) in the folder you designate as your Iwad folder, it will automatically look for and load Steam installed versions instead.

Even if i installed steam in a different location than default one ?

I want to get this Iwad in my doomsday lan server how do i do this the iwad is just another doom map made by someone else do you know how i implement that on my doomsday lan server?

If it's just a map, that's a PWAD, not an IWAD. You'll want to use the -file parameter in the command line.

And please, use proper punctuation. It's difficult to read as I have to manually guess where the start and end of each sentence is. Punctuation isn't just a formality, it controls the pace and clarifies the intended message.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Even if i installed steam in a different location than default one ?

Yep.

Please help i want to know how to change the pwad on my local doom server for doomsday how do i do this i want to play something else rather than doom2.wad.

Wheres the command line?