Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

So how much did you pay for doom when you first got it?

Originally, you'd have to ask my father as he's the one who bought Doom 2. For me, personally, I bought the Collector's Edition in the early '01 and I honestly cannot remember the cash-money total I delved out in U.S. dollars. Hell, I don't even remember the last time I bought the game on Steam just to keep the 'number o' times purchased' count rolling (5, for the record). I truly piss money down the drain for this game.

Nothing, because computer games grew on trees in East Europe back in the 90's.

Originally, a family member bought the Depths of DOOM Trilogy.  I have no idea how much it cost; it was such a long time ago.

Years later, I saw the Collector's Edition DOOM compilation (the DVD Digipak/slipcase version) for sale in a game store.  I bought it for AU $19.95.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666

When I first played Doom I got it for free on my parents' newly bought computer. Can't remember which version but it freaked the hell outta 7 year old me. Didn't play Doom again for a while 'cause I wasn't used to that kinda violence in games, rofl.

I played the SNES version in an emulator because I saw it in an AVGN video and the music sounded cool.

$45 from id Software back in 1993 when it came out. I still have the box and disks (and also Heretic which I also bought direct).

Version 1.1. Id sent me the patch for 1.2 shortly thereafter.

I bought one version of the shareware in a nice box for about $6 at CompUSA.

I rebought the Ultimate Doom version and also picked it up for GBA.

I didn't pay for nothing, Really. I just found a website with the IWADs downloadable, downloaded DOOM 1, 2, and Final DOOM. Got a Source Port and played, simple as that for Me.

GreyGhost said:

Cheapskate! :P

Yup, I know. When I got Steam and got Me a 50 bucks worth of a Steam Card, I got Me every DOOM game on there, expect for DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil.

CapNapalm said:

My first version was the 1.2 Shareware Version on disks.

A few years later I picked up this version The Depths of Doom Trilogy http://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=compilation&compid=21

I think I still have the box lying around somewhere.

Nice find! I never saw that boxset before, It looks pretty Interesting to have, though I'm planning on making a collection of DOOM games (like, the Big Boxes and stuff).

My mother bought Doom 2 & Final Doom for about 10 bucks around 03 or 04, both in their original jewel cases.

My first experience was actually renting Doom to play on my SNES every few weekends. It was amazing.

Although to date I've probably bought the original Doom about three times (compact disc, bundled with Doom 3, and solo on Steam - just so I would always have easy, legal access to the iWADs).