Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

GreyGhost said:

Awesome; that worked. Those bullshit queued downloads were a blast from the past. Wait 3 minutes to download a 1.4MB file in 5 seconds...

Looking for an old wad/mod that was black and white, had a story with text dialogue cutscenes and spirit realm style stuff for gameplay. You start with no weapons. First weapon you get is an axe in a stump. Large maps. Open world gameplay.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: More memories. Doomguy was NOT the character you played as. Everything in the game referred to you as "Child" *I THINK*

EDIT 2: Another thing. The first spawning in had you talking to some large tall entity. Telling you the story and where to go

EDIT 3: Nevermind. Found it. It's called "Foreverhood"

It looks like the style of Richard Heath from Nerve Software, but I can't find other maps from him outside of No Rest For The Living, which this is not.

I'm looking for DSV3-War by Kaiser. I stumbled upon this, but I'm not really sure if it's the real wad, because there is only one level.

I've downloaded the wad you linked just now, and there are 32 maps, no doubt it's the actual DSV3-War.

does anyone know of a good wad that has killer ambient sounds from doom 3?

im looking for jump scare sounds and stuff.

Anyone mind listing off all the extensive gameplay modification mods they know of? I mean shit like Brutal Doom, Project MSX, GMOTA, Demonsteele, etc.

Trying to remember a small mapset, maybe 5 or so maps, with one map in particular being a large, open city with tall buildings that a few of which had access inside of via doors (not entirely sure what to call the nature of them) that were level geometry that gradually open up by crossing line defs, sort of giving it an animation mimicking a build engine door. Anyway, in the open space of the map there was a cyberdemon far off, tucked behind some buildings where the road curved. Some buildings had a lobby with an archvile inside, and one building had a large open room with a receptionist desk with a computer and a gaggle of imps. After solving a few puzzles or by killing the lobby archviles, can't recall correctly, you gained access to the rest of the city (same map I think) that had a few ambush spots here and there.

Hellcore 2.0.

I'm searching for the Cobra Episodes Releases by XonToR who made a fifth Cobra Episode for DOOM 2 (specially DOOM Legacy).

The file names where:

- cobra2_5b01.zip (Beta 01)
- cobra2_5b02.zip (Beta 02)
- cobra2_5b03.zip (Beta 03)

Does one here have any of these?

Please report back.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a series of jokewads. I can't remember much, but from my memories, But I belive it used 32 maps, there was a map where you walked in a maze to paint a picasso before being eaten by said painting, a map where you had to steal a diamond, and the first map was you walking out of your house before falling into a pit. I believe the third one was doomguy trying to kill santa claus for not getting him a BFG? I can't remember much as it was some years ago, but if you know something like this then please tell me!

Thanks.

I remember this joke WAD that was a reference to the infamous NES game Action 52, as it had it's music as well as lots of really bad level designs. It also had the carnival music from Darkseed II play on one of the maps. Does anyone know the name of that WAD?

NiTROACTiVE said:

I remember this joke WAD that was a reference to the infamous NES game Action 52, as it had it's music as well as lots of really bad level designs. It also had the carnival music from Darkseed II play on one of the maps. Does anyone know the name of that WAD?

A quick search in the forums showed me something similar to what you describe:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/60125-doom-32/

I hope that helps.

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

@engiSonic It sounds like you're talking about Turbocharged Arcade and its sequel

Yes, that was it. Thanks!

Kinda random but does anyone have NiGHTMARE Speedmapping Compilation #6? I assume it's ntspd006.wad

So there is a wad I kinda want to find again. I think it was just one level, i believe it may have been named something to do with bevis and buthead but I'm not sure.
I think it was only one level, and the level was a giant version of the first level of Doom II with different textures and different secrets.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about I'd be very grateful.

I just found this wad TMP.WAD on an old backup CD (dated 2 Sep 2000). Someone sent it to me, it's a WIP Boom map. I ca't remember who and I don't know if it was ever released. Do you recognise the start? There's a distinctive boat:

Jon said:

I just found this wad TMP.WAD on an old backup CD (dated 2 Sep 2000). Someone sent it to me, it's a WIP Boom map. I ca't remember who and I don't know if it was ever released. Do you recognise the start? There's a distinctive boat:
http://jmtd.net/tmp/tmp.wad.png

I remember that start, and I think it was actually finished. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the wad, I'll do my best to find it in the next few hours/days.

EDIT: I didn't find it as tmp.wad, so I'm going to assume the author changed the name while working on it.