Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dylanblitz

DOOM PLAYABLE AT QUAKECON

DoomKid123 said:

I'm typing this on my phone right and I'm waiting to play doom right now and I'm excited

I wonder what version the attendees are testing? PC, PS4 or Xbox One. Because, well, I just imagine it'd be a bit dumb if it was anything but the PC version, since QuakeCon is a big PC gaming event.

kelliegator said:

I wonder what version the attendees are testing? PC, PS4 or Xbox One. Because, well, I just imagine it'd be a bit dumb if it was anything but the PC version, since QuakeCon is a big PC gaming event.

They're playing on PC, there are some pictures floating around on twitter.

A couple things I'm worried about based on a short video I saw:
- There are loadouts
- Movement speed seems slow

Obzen said:

- There are loadouts

Would you link us to the pictures and video please?

Obzen said:

- There are loadouts

How slow are we talking? 'cause all modern games are pretty slow and to be fair even Quake Live is kinda slow if you don't know how to bunnyhop or rocket jump properly.

And this multiplayer is standard without snap map so we don't know what kind of alterations are possible yet.

MUCH EXCITEMENT LITTLE INFORMATION

The few pics that are on Twitter right now look pretty promising. A buddy mine went just to check out D4 and texted me this not long ago:

"I feel like I'm back in 1993 when the first game came out. They have gotten absolutely EVERYTHING right with this, holy shit this game is going to dominate the gaming world for years once again when it comes out."

That makes me very happy to hear because he's a very no bullshit dude. If this game sucked turds, he'd honestly say so. I guess with any game there are going to varied opinions based what people individually want in a game, but...I dunno...time will tell when I can finally get my hands on it and play it as with the rest of us here.

Obzen said:

- There are loadouts

As far as modern shooters go, it's not slow at all. You can definitely feel the Quake legacy in there.

IGN is a terrible site but I found a hands-on coverage that explains some interesting things and loadouts make a little more sense now... but only a little. Still hoping for snapmap to play more classic style stuff.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/23/quakecon-2015-first-hands-on-with-doom-multiplayer?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The personal teleporter sounds awesome and the game certainly isn't afraid to make any player OP, with guns that can see through walls and "the demon" (because the guy writing the article clearly doesn't know what a revenant is, rofl).

StevieCybernetik said:

The few pics that are on Twitter right now look pretty promising. A buddy mine went just to check out D4 and texted me this not long ago:

"I feel like I'm back in 1993 when the first game came out. They have gotten absolutely EVERYTHING right with this, holy shit this game is going to dominate the gaming world for years once again when it comes out."

That makes me very happy to hear because he's a very no bullshit dude. If this game sucked turds, he'd honestly say so. I guess with any game there are going to varied opinions based what people individually want in a game, but...I dunno...time will tell when I can finally get my hands on it and play it as with the rest of us here.

Nice! I have friends that are sort of like that, but Yea. I saw the gameplay of a Woman and Guy at Quake Con playing DOOM and they used controllers when there's a fucking Keyboard and Mouse Infront of them, Socity Is getting worse. Anyway, Hope Your friend enjoyed It!

Tritnew said:

I saw the gameplay of a Woman and Guy at Quake Con playing DOOM and they used controllers when there's a fucking Keyboard and Mouse Infront of them, Socity Is getting worse.

Utterly disgusting. They'll never know their true potential.

VGames said:

Utterly disgusting. They'll never know their true potential.

Wait. Wasn't the Gravis Gamepad advertised as an alternative to keyboard and mouse, during Doom's time? And you probably were supposed to connect it to the PC (which already has the standard peripherals). What's the difference to those two people?

printz said:

Wait. Wasn't the Gravis Gamepad advertised as an alternative to keyboard and mouse, during Doom's time? And you probably were supposed to connect it to the PC (which already has the standard peripherals). What's the difference to those two people?

Dunno, It feels weird to play on a controller, PSXDOOM Yea, but on a PC when there's a Keyboard and Mouse Infront of You? It feels so fucking wrong and weird to look at.

Well, to each his own, I think. I would personally prefer playing with a normal PC setup for most of the time, but bashing people for behaving differently on their own will doesn't seem right to me. After all, I would probably also try out a gamepad at least for a while if they gave me the opportunity, for the experience. A different situation would be if the organizers forced everyone to use gamepads as opposed to keyboard/mouse.

scifista42 said:

Well, to each his own, I think. I would personally prefer playing with a normal PC setup for most of the time, but bashing people for behaving differently on their own will doesn't seem right to me. After all, I would probably also try out a gamepad at least for a while if they gave me the opportunity, for the experience. A different situation would be if the organizers forced everyone to use gamepads as opposed to keyboard/mouse.

Yeah, but It'd be more understandable If It's a fighting game like Mortal Kombat or a Emulator though, but Eh. I was just joking a bit, I don't see a problem with It but It feels so weird to see someone play on a controller when there's a Keyboard.

Yeah I was just joking too. Calm down u bunch of weirdos. I could care less if they want to play with a crappy controller on a PC FPS. In fact I hope they're using a controller if I ever run into them on multiplayer. Then I can rip their freaking heads off that much easier.

VGames said:

Yeah I was just joking too. Calm down u bunch of weirdos. I could care less if they want to play with a crappy controller on a PC FPS. In fact I hope they're using a controller if I ever run into them on multiplayer. Then I can rip their freaking heads off that much easier.

Well Hey Now, no need to get touche, though the Woman was sucking at the controller anyway, looks like She doesn't play much Video Games. =v=

Wow I hit a nerve without trying. LOL

Like I said I was just joking. The weirdo part included. Dumb hipsters.

Jaxxoon R said:

Can't wait till this one joins the birdboy.

Must be more of that hipster talk. Flew right over my head.

Tritnew said:

I saw the gameplay of a Woman and Guy at Quake Con playing DOOM and they used controllers when there's a fucking Keyboard and Mouse Infront of them, Socity Is getting worse.

Yep, you nailed it. Having a preference to gaming controllers is the top reason society is getting worse. :P