Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

Deep Dream Meshed with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Someone else posted this in a different thread maybe 2 weeks ago.

Thread hell this.

geo said:

Someone else posted this in a different thread maybe 2 weeks ago.

Thread hell this.

You need to have a barrage of off topic snarky comments, insults, and edge-lord statements, before you can engage in backseat moderation.

Jaxxoon R said:

Is that a command?

I've done it before. It's usually a prediction. The other topic was in the doom section of the forum.... And there was another here in the everything else.

This was easily the trippiest thing I've ever seen. Watch while high for additional wtf factor.

Meh. IMO it's really redundant and actually distracts from the inherent trippiness of the original. A trip on top of another trip?

Maes said:

Meh. IMO it's really redundant and actually distracts from the inherent trippiness of the original. A trip on top of another trip?

Meta-tripping lol. I've watched this movie many times over the years so it's kind of nice seeing it through the filter of an absurd hallucinatory computer algorithm. Even if it's mere novelty. Seeing as the movie is directed by Terry Gilliam, still arguably best known for his visually absurd Monty Python animations.

It's the great thing about Terry Gilliam's work, you watch it again and again and always find something new. He's really big on cramming large amounts of detail into every shot when possible. I've yet to watch The Fisher King again since Robin Williams died. I think it will be depressing as I think his role as Parry kind of reflected his own inner turmoil.

Sometimes its kind of amazing at how good it is in terms of turning a human face into a mutant dog.