Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fractaldx

playing Eternal Doom with Legacy

hey
im trying to play Eternal Doom with Doom Legacy source port, but alot of textures seem to be gone..

did anyone experience this problem before or knows how to fix it? ;/

problem is, i wanna play online with a friend of mine, and legacy is the only source port that wont give me problems when trying to play on the net

try zdoom

Erm doesn't eternity use fragglescript?

Jon said:

Erm doesn't eternity use fragglescript?

He wants to play Eternal Doom, that wad by Team TNT.

Try building the nodes with ZenNode, maybe it's just a problem with GL holes...

I used glbsp to rebuild the nodes, there are still a couple of random flat and textures missing in opengl mode, but its not as bad as the before look. software looks fine.

that is the problem too many GL 'holes' try a openGL node builder. it will help but there will still be alot missing. or run it in software mode. i have yet to have luck with that wad in openGL and i dont think anyone else has too

Eternal of course was designed at the time before GL modes for Doom became available. If you use a source port look at PrBoom. Eternal was not designed for the mouse look option and of course not jumping.
PrBoom will still give you high-resolution that people desire nowadays. ZDoom and Legacy are great ports but PrBoom will stay to what Eternal was designed for. A new version of PrBoom is available as noted on DoomWorld. A good friend of mine likes to hook up a network and we set up through PrBoom. Plays like a charm...

Cadman
Member - TeamTNT

Sephiroth said:
that is the problem too many GL 'holes' try a openGL node builder. it will help but there will still be alot missing. or run it in software mode. i have yet to have luck with that wad in openGL and i dont think anyone else has too

Eternal uses some quite complex missing texture tricks which are unreasonably difficult for a GL port to figure out. PrBoom does include some code to figure out these WAD tricks but Eternal would still need an overhall to get it to work well in GL mode.