Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raven

MBF sound problem

I am using MBF to plat wads, (Marine's Best Friend) and the sound is so d**n horrible! How can I fix this??????

ZDOOM has proper singleplayer + slopes, acs scripts, swimmable water, ambient sounds and so on.

If you have an SBLive! you could try these values in your CFG file. Works for me (TM)

[-1-7(-1)] code used by Allegro to select sounds driver, -1 is autodetect
sound_card 5

[-1-9(-1)] code used by Allegro to select music driver, -1 is autodetect
music_card 1

[0-1(0)] precache sounds at startup
s_precache 0

[0-1(1)] 1 enables voice detection prior to calling install sound
detect_voices 1

Are you running XP? If so MBF may never work properly. Grab any of the Win32 devoted ports specified.

Raven said:

I am using MBF to plat wads, (Marine's Best Friend) and the sound is so d**n horrible! How can I fix this??????

If you like MBF, try Eternity. It have the same features (new codepointers, helpers, scrolling skies, several bug fixes) except for beta emulation, and adds a ton of new cool things.
And the windows version have no problems with modern soundcards. Midis sounds very good.
And yes, allegro sucks.

Cya.

NokturnuS said:

If you like MBF, try Eternity. It have the same features (new codepointers, helpers, scrolling skies, several bug fixes) except for beta emulation, and adds a ton of new cool things.
And the windows version have no problems with modern soundcards. Midis sounds very good.
And yes, allegro sucks.

Cya.

allegro sucks? why?

DooMBoy said:

Because it does.

shut the fuck up. allegro is a very comprehensive programming library. now if you have something half intelligent to say about it then say it.