Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

For Progress! So as of now we have 25 completed Beta maps, 3 more on the reserve list, and all [edit]BUT ONE[/edit] (Thanks Eris for raining on my parade. :P) midis done.

Recently, sincity2100 submitted a map. We did a little work on it and shazam... another map! I really like this map. I mean I really like this map...
Pics:

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

all midis done.

Nope, MUS30 still needs making, I'm not happy with the one I already submitted :)
That hole in the marble block on sincity's map doesn't look so nice, but the other stuff all does.

Memfis said:

The brown texture with tan stripes is kinda hmm, looks more like a placeholder to me for some reason. Doesn't really feel like something buildings could be made of.

Really digging the use of that texture there. Love the stripes. Dont care if its the "wrong" material or whatever. Looks cool! Very brown though...but suits the scene.

Second screenshot reminds me of Against Thee Wickedly in a way.

Any interesting happenings with this btw?

Hey Ragnor. Will send you an updated version ot the wad and texture pack soon. :) few new maps in there.

And speaking of which. New map 20 from Eradrop...

I can't show the cool outdoor areas on account of skies.

Soz double post.

Yeah so we were discussing that some of the maps were pretty big, so we would love it if a couple of mappers would come in and make a small to medium sized TNT-styled map for this project.

Post or PM me if interested.

cheers guys.

P.S other map slots may open soon also.

There's a small slime trail in the first screenshot.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I can't show the cool outdoor areas on account of skies.

if you take the screenshot with ZDoom, you can use the console to change the sky to something else first.

Did CorSair give up 20 and 21?
Also, if these small to medium maps could be for Episode 1, I'd personally appreciate it. That's where the "maps are too long" problem is worst.

Gez said:

There's a small slime trail in the first screenshot.

Indeed there is. Thanks Gez I'll check it out.

if you take the screenshot with ZDoom, you can use the console to change the sky to something else first.

I did know you could do this, just didn't know how. :)

Eris Falling said:

Did CorSair give up 20 and 21?
Also, if these small to medium maps could be for Episode 1, I'd personally appreciate it. That's where the "maps are too long" problem is worst.

I haven't heard from him in a while. In truth I really hope those maps get done coz conceptually and from the outlines I have seen they are awesome. If they do get done, I will put Eradrops map somewhere else. But for now, Eradrops map makes an ideal Episode 2 finisher. He in fact made it to go in the map 20 slot.

And yes my request for 2 small maps was definitely focused on getting a couple of new episode 1 maps.

So, how should I say it...

I guess I kinda hit wall with my creativity, and it's just keeps stagnating. Guess it's a good time to ask someone to try their hands on the maps?
Few editor shots, Map 20 and Map 21.

All good bro. I will give them a little work.

The one thing I am gonna need is some map pics with routes and design ideas noted on them. So onwards with your finest MSPaint!. As in arrows saying go from here to here and a blue key here and this there etc etc and other ideas you have. Coz right now they are not really levels, just an assortment of really cool spaces.

IF you wanna we could both work on them. It might get you inspired again. I kinda want that, coz ultimately I want a CorSair map, not yet another Kyka map in the set. So I am happy to do some work, but I want your input and creativity as well.

Hows that?

Hey I can work out a small map whenever I need to take breaks from making map 32, so go ahead and put me down for that. Map 32 is coming along nicely, I'm a little over halfway done with the map as of right now.

If small or medium, I'm interested. What style exactly, hell, base or whatever?

Episode 1 is techbases, and that's where we want a focus on smaller maps. I've played through some of E1 in its current form and yeah, please feel free to contribute a small map for those early slots.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

IF you wanna we could both work on them. It might get you inspired again. I kinda want that, coz ultimately I want a CorSair map, not yet another Kyka map in the set. So I am happy to do some work, but I want your input and creativity as well.

Hows that?

I am more than happy with this, since it seems next month is gonna be abnormally busy with all the jobs I'm being offered, and another perspective is more than welcome (plus I want to try give Mayhem contribution or two.) I'll try pass my plans I have either tomorrow or Sunday via PM.

How hard and challenge-oriented is this going to be overall? I'm just thinking that to retain that adventure spirit of TNT you'll probably need to avoid modern-style traps and similar tropes for the most part.

I've played some pretty difficult maps so far. I think its MAP28, which in its current form has a bit of an abundance of revenants and chaingunners, which is kind of emulating the wrong IWAD, so we'll need to do something about that, think I brought it up with Kyka at some point. To be honest I don't even know what the current maplist is anymore ._.

And while we're bumped, people, how is progress? I was sent a pretty nice MAP02 a month ago and I've heard nothing from anyone since then.
(Like I'm one to complain about no progress. I still haven't done anything for idmus 30)

if i were to have a say, i'd like my Computers track to be replaced by... anything, really. i have tons of shit lying around, there's gotta be something else i can replace that awful, awful track with. that is all.

Wow. I always imagined something faster, but it doesn't matter. This evokes a feeling that you're about to get completely pulverised, which is what we all wanted, it's good enough for me :D

Whoops, didn't export the latest version.
The ending is less abrupt now.

Ok, so I'm co-leading this and the only progress I've seen or heard of from anyone in the last three months is Bucket's crazy and epic final boss theme. So to anyone working on this, how are things going?

The MIDI pack in the first post has now been updated. A finished version of Hell's Furnace (me - idmus 21) and Trampled uNderneaTh (Bucket - idmus 30) have been added, and by request, I've removed Computers (Doomhuntress).

I finised my map, I have no idea why it's under WIP and I have no reason to continue working on it since no one really tested it properly. Also there's suppose to be an introduction part in the map but I have no idea who's gonna do it. Also where the fuck is kyka anyways?

Your map is fine, a nice, but subtle throwback to Evilution's MAP01 with the optionally Tyson-focussed gameplay. There were a few visual things which raised a few eyebrows in this thread, but those can always be ironed out by us later, as can any bugs, so yeah the WIP tag isn't necessary. Presumably the introduction thing will be by me or Kyka. I have no idea where he is, but as he's the OP maintainer, I fear it will only become increasingly outdated in the near future..

while we're at it, i'd probably request removing Ringer Dawn too. there's enough music here to fill an entire megawad anyways, isn't there? unless someone really, really, reaaaaaalllly wants to use it for their level (or for the Convilution off-shoot project.) it's better than Computers though, but not by a whole margin.

That's odd, Ringer Dawn wasn't in the folder to begin with. Not sure how I missed that. Well if it's alright, I've put it in, so the mappers can at least hear it and decide if they want it in their map.
Without Ringer Dawn, the MIDI count is 37, so still more than enough for a full megawad, yes

Well you did also say unless someone wants to use it, but I guess we'll never know if they do :P
Anyway, removed.