What Do You Think Of The WAD?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Of The WAD?

• Looks Great!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Kinda Sucks.
    • Plain Out Horrible.

Here Is A WAD That Will Be Released When I Get It On IDgames.

It Is A ZDoom WAD. I Tried With Zandronum, But Transparency Isn't Supported Anymore.

Now I Won't Say It'll Get Doom WAD Of The Year Or A Cacoward, But I Put Some Effort Into It. Anyways, Here Are Some Pics.

The WAD Can Be Downloaded HERE.

Oh, so it's a ZDoom wad?

Always make sure you state which port the wad is meant for.

Looking forward to playing. Perhaps it could use some different colors on the ground beneath the rails, as it looks very brown at the moment. Anyways, I'll keep an eye on idgames for the release!

The trees look ugly. I can see where the map ends, and how they are put makes them look like they are made of paper. It would be better if they are on some raised hills, and even better if you put another tree texture behind. If you want to check some example where this thing is used well try look at Hellcore V2 MAP01 or Deus Vult II MAP03. Also on Whitemare there are some maps that they use tree textures in a nice way, but atm I dont remember which ones.

Enderkevin13 said:

Might Not Work With Skulltag.

i'M nOT sURE aNYONE eXPECTED iT tO. tHIS aLSO lOOKS lIKE eVERY gENERIC tRAIN lEVEL eVERYONE hAS eVER mADE.

whether or not there are isn't really that important. maybe you've not revolutionized train maps but you made a map and that's cool! take pride in that.

judging by the screenshots, I would definitely echo the comments about doing something to make the trees on the sides look less artificial. also, remember that you don't need to capitalize the first letter of every word; only the first letter of the first word in a sentence needs it if you're trying to be proper about it

Enderkevin13 said:

There Aren't That Many, Are There?
I Looked Up The Topic A Lot, Not Many Results.

jUST bECAUSE nOT mANY tHREADS eXIST hERE dOESN'T mEAN tHERE aREN'T a mILLION oTHER wADS wITH tRAIN lEVELS tHAT aRE aLL tHE sAME aS wELL aS oTHER gAMES lIKE bLOOD wHICH hAVE tHE sAME tRAIN lEVEL. eVEN oBSCURE qUAKE 3 mODS lIKE sMOKIN gUNS hAVE a tRAIN lEVEL wHICH iS jUST tHE sAME tHING.

This is reminding me a lot of the threads by Darkexodus. Pray this conversation doesn't reach that level of sheer retardation.

Not the coolest train map I've ever played, but not even close to the worst, either. Keep on mapping!

I like how the allcaps Doom font keeps the scripted text from looking like Enderkevin's posts.

Well, I Might Not Be Able To Map Anymore.
For Some Reason, Doom Lags Too Much To Test The Maps.

I Might Have To Stop Mapping And In Fact, Stop Playing It As Well.

Enderkevin13 said:

Well, I Might Not Be Able To Map Anymore.
For Some Reason, Doom Lags Too Much To Test The Maps.

I Might Have To Stop Mapping And In Fact, Stop Playing It As Well.

What kind of computer do you have that can't run Doom of all things properly?

Wait, It Only Lags Occasionally When I Play.
Basically, Sometimes When I Play It Has Lagspikes, Other Times, It Runs Smoothly.
Strange...

Guess you'll have to start using non-zdoom ports and go to the vanilla/boom stuff unless you can deal with the lag and persist through :/

I don't think you should quit mapping because of lag spikes

Enderkevin13 said:

Well, I Realized It Was Just Chrome.
I Can Use Zdoom Again.

Huh, Chrome never fucks up ZDOOM for Me, or any Source Port for that matter. Either way, I love the name of the WAD, but It's just Incredibly Average, Hopefully a new version comes along to Improve.

Reminded me of that level from Timesplitters, not bad at all. Played better than the screenshots would have suggested. I prefer wads that don't depend on zdoom though.

gaspe said:

The trees look ugly. I can see where the map ends, and how they are put makes them look like they are made of paper. It would be better if they are on some raised hills, and even better if you put another tree texture behind. If you want to check some example where this thing is used well try look at Hellcore V2 MAP01 or Deus Vult II MAP03. Also on Whitemare there are some maps that they use tree textures in a nice way, but atm I dont remember which ones.

Well, the Exit Is expected to be shown, It IS a Train afterall, though I could agree on the trees and about some Hills. Actually, Hills would make this MUCH better and maybe mountains.

vadrig4r said:

Reminded me of that level from Timesplitters, not bad at all. Played better than the screenshots would have suggested. I prefer wads that don't depend on zdoom though.

Pretty Sure It Works With Anything Besides Skulltag.