Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Enhanced Skill Levels - Are you badass enough?

Download

Adds additional skill levels between UV and Nightmare as well as beyond Nightmare. For those who feel UV alone isn't difficult enough and want to (try to) be a badass. Requires a ZDoom derivative source port, ZDaemon may not work because it is an old/obsolete ZDoom version and untested. Tested with Zandronum, GZDoom and ZDoom, may also work with the obsolete Skulltag port as well.

SavageCorona said:

What exactly do they do?

Sorry to piggyback on this thread to advertise, but I'm coming out with a difficulty level mod too. It has two flagship skill levels.

Super Duper Nightmare: This is just like Nightmare except that the music track is replaced with multiple layers of the Post Hell song, which plays non-stop.

Super Ultra Mega Nightmare (enhanced): This is like Super Duper Nightmare, except that there's an obligatory twenty-minute wait (depending on where you live) during which suited men are dispatched to your house to tickle you aggressively while you play.

SavageCorona said:

What exactly do they do?

Increased damage and aggression mainly for the in-between and beyond skills levels. Also all skill levels are ranked and colored differently so you know what is easy or harder.

UV
Harder UV (Not actual name): Extra damage, extra aggression (not -fast)
Harder UV+ : More than Harder UV (No -fast still)
NM
NM+: You find out yourself, heh

"Insane" would simply be worse than "Nightmare" as Revenant missile, Barons/Knights, Cyberdemons can one-shot you if at 100% health with no armor, let alone the latter one shotting you from 200/200 if direct.

i wonder if there's a way to get these implemented in Doom Builder? for instance, even more monsters if you choose Harder UV than UV.

I'm also thinking of a "Terminator" skill level. It's UV based with the ITYTD bonuses (double ammo, half damage) - you get to slay all the monsters.

Pure Hellspawn said:

i wonder if there's a way to get these implemented in Doom Builder? for instance, even more monsters if you choose Harder UV than UV.

I'm also thinking of a "Terminator" skill level. It's UV based with the ITYTD bonuses (double ammo, half damage) - you get to slay all the monsters.

They use the existing skill levels so choosing any "Hard" skill would account for using "Hard" in the editor.

Pure Hellspawn said:

It's a little silly and hacky, but sometimes I like to do it using the replacing monsters system, changing things like zombieman for imps, shotgunners for chaingunners and even some weird ones that actually increase the monster rate, like ammo bullets for zombiemans or shotgun for shotgunner, or even berserkpacks for cacodemons (don't ask).

Of course, if you are playing a well-polished mod this will break COMPLETELY the game balance. But it can be quite fun with the IWADs, that are in general more easy and more generous with ammunition. However, you have to pay attention to the height\radius of every monster, or they can be stucked in the scenario.

This is mainly for mods that don't change things significantly to the monster setup like Complex Doom would.