Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tiger

Upload WAD's on /IDGames but request no review on Doomworld

Hallo,

Is it possible to upload WAD's onto /IDGames but without having a review on Doomworld? For the past several years, I made some updates to my ancient projects but I don't believe I ever uploaded them on to the /IDGames archive. What I would like to do is to reupload my ancient projects - that contains the latest updates, but I don't really need my projects to be reviewed again. Is this possible to do and please elaborate as-to how.

Thanks,

Interesting, I don't think anyone's ever requested that before.

Is there any harm in your stuff being reviewed even if it's old? Lots of old stuff ('90s era, sometimes) gets uploaded to idgames all the time, so a WAD you made some years ago is hardly unusual in that respect. In general it would probably be best if it went through the normal process.

But if the alternative is that you don't upload because you're scared of criticism or whatever, then I'd advocate for Doomworld making an exception. I'd rather see as much stuff archived as possible, than have some things not be archived because of reasons like this.

Will you be uploading them with the same names as existing files already on the archives? In that case, they won't show up in the /newstuff review center and will not be re-reviewed.

Otherwise I'd suggest making a note that what you're uploading is old, and that fact should be taken into account by the reviewer.

Bloodshedder said:

Will you be uploading them with the same names as existing files already on the archives? In that case, they won't show up in the /newstuff review center and will not be re-reviewed.

Otherwise I'd suggest making a note that what you're uploading is old, and that fact should be taken into account by the reviewer.

Yes, I will be using the exact filename. Thank you for your help.