Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Doom 2 The Way id Did demos [-complevel 2]

eLim said:

Episode 1 UV-Speed in 10:05
I forgot the BFG in map9 so instead of continuing my D2ALL run I just ended the demo after map10 and submitted this as an ep record :P

Well shit, I got a 10:08 earlier and didn't post it. You convinced me, I'm going for sub 10:00.

Question: For a maxrun of D2twid, is MAP33 required? If so, wouldn't that mean only ports that can run that map in a single segment be eligible for a legitimate maxrun?

No, map33 is absolutely not required. It's a hilarious idea though, haha.

D2ALL UV-Speed in 38:33
I apologise for how sloppy the run is. It's 7am here and I haven't been to bed. I did a warmup run to see "how far I could get" and I actually got an exit :P I legitimately get lost about 4 times.

A few cool tricks in here though!

30uv3833.zip

Nice! A decade from now that time will be halved perhaps!

Episode 1 UV-Speed in 9:32

2nd attempt that got past Map2. Lots to improve for anyone who wants to!
Bad movement map2, 3, 5. Great map6. Unlucky Map8 (arch-vile forced me to pick up megasphere, wasting a lot of time)

Edit: D2ALL improvement to come in the future, got a few other things first

10id-932.zip

Map 09 UV-Pacifist in 0:46

Well.. I hope it counts as pacifist. I telefragged an imp (maybe 2) at the red key but there wasn't much I could do about it ):

Edit: If the demo isn't pacifist, feel free to edit the name/text file before uploading to dsda since this still beats the UV-Speed record by 1s

id09p046.zip

Map20 UV-Speed in 1:48

10s faster than Krankdud's demo. This is a first exit using this strat, so feel free to improve it. Probably another 15 - 20s to shave off this!

id20-148.zip

D2ALL UV-Speed in 32:06

Very happy with this time. As with all my runs, there were a few moments I should've died, and even more moments where I deserved to die, but overall it's waaaay better than my old record. This one is actually mildly entertaining.

Youtube

30id3206.zip

Oh woops.  I started recording pacifist demos half a year ago, then got walled by the last stretch of Map06.  Then I stopped and forgot about them:

Pacifists for maps 02 through 05

id02-05p.zip