Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sesalpinogamer

The legend of Doom! (Currently in development!)

Do you think this is a good idea?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes,and continue
    • No,and stop

Hey guys!I am really happy right now,because even when my classes started,i still have time to do stuff!So,has this calss period stops in december or late november,i have a lot of time,so much time i am going to make a 5 level wad!

Why should i care?

Do you like Zelda?Do you like Doom?Do you like both?If not,then search for something else.

What is this?

This is a challenge i did to myself,create 5 zelda-style dungeons,but in doom,with zelda gameplay but doom action and texture set,these levels will use intense ACS scripting and a lot of action oriented stuff to make it seem more like zelda,plus,I will keep the relatively simple concepts and puzzles from Zelda.

What are you using?

I am currently using GZDoom builder to make the level,and i am using the normal doom 2 textures,obviously,and i am also using the celticsh.wad and IKDTEX.wad textures,both can be found here: http://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/textures.shtml
They are Celtic shrine and IK Pack.

And the project?

Ugh,i have no material yet,once i finish the first level i will post a gameplay of it.

SFoZ911 said:

Well I do like Doom but I don't really like Zelda, should I still care about this?

Depends on what you don't like about Zelda,if it is the gameplay,no,you shouldn't

KevinHEZ said:

Advice: Don't announce something that you didn't even start making it.

Advice:I am already doing it,here is the proof,i just took a random picture of a part that looked nice in the starting room while in 3D mode:

I really liked the shadow effect i did there.

A bit off-topic, but some sage advice: Press the spacebar once after using a comma (,) and twice after each sentence.

Pure Hellspawn said:

do you have a picture of the gameplay rather than the map editor?

Here is a very very simple encounter system i did,note that i am using the trial version of a record software,don't mind

https://vid.me/VE1t

Basically,when the player enters the semingly pointless room with an imp,the entrance quickly closes off,leaving the player locked,but after he kills the imp,the ceiling raises back again and a door in the north area of the room,witch i am doing right now so it is not in the video!

Remember guys,don't vote on the pool based on current progress,vote if you like the idea or not.

Ideas are cool, because ideas are always cool, but seeing them actually implemented is another thing. It is pointless, mostly for you, to keep opening threads if you have nothing concrete to show.

I feel like I made the same mistakes when I first started, but geez dude. I mean, work on it, learn what you can with the engine, but probably don't release anything.

After the results of this pool,i am going to stop,like i said.Lucky me,i am trying to 100% Zelda Majora's Mask on the 3DS,so that is plenty of extra time,see ya!

Stop posting these threads unless/until you've actually got a product to share. No one cares about some half-baked idea in your head and a few lines in a map editor. And you shouldn't need outside interest to motivate you into completing something.

I DO agree on the shadow effect from the pillar, though. This is one of those cases in which 'realistic' lighting takes MORE effort in the DooM engine than in newer ones, and it's done well here.

Still, an update when things are further along will be best. Reminds me of the Heretic starting area and that's a good thing.