Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGames

America the Beautiful

No wonder Philly is such a shithole. They're so heartless and cruel... (well, not everyone...) and what they did to that poor robot exemplifies it.

Two weeks? I can't imagine it would have lasted 30 minutes in the UK, before some chavs found it and used it as a football.

Worst of all the bot was created to be very childlike in appearance. I'm not sure what it's voice sounded like but I'm sure it didn't sound like a 40 year old man like Bender from Futurama.

HavoX said:

so heartless

pshhh so is the robot

40oz said:

pshhh so is the robot

You may be right that robots lack a heart; but what did that robot in particular ever do to them? That baffles me so. :/

40oz said:

pshhh so is the robot

Being a douche doesn't make u cool. U know that robot didn't deserve that. It had a purpose and it should have seen it to the end.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. It's a very interesting social experiment. They likely had such predictions that this would happen eventually somewhere along it's route.

I assume certain other cities it'd have not faired so well, either.

There's a plenty of bad here in the USA.

FORTUNATELY, There's far more good here than bad.

I'm 110% certain the same logic goes for all other countries on this planet.

VGames said:

It's made it across Canada with no issues. Says a lot about our country.

I'd say so...

https://youtu.be/Vwh0lBPHg9o

Apparently in Canada, when push comes to shove, then it just keeps repeating like in a very literal sense until a officer yells "STOP! ...or I'll say STOP again!" :P

Course here in Cincinnati, this just happened yesterday... naked fat guy drives down emergency lane, smashing into multiple cars before destroying his own, getting out, fleeing down the highway about a mile before he's tased and subdued. Very likely a few of those people he injured are going to die from their wounds (hasn't been announced yet tho)... my buddy was one of the cops who had to subdue this clown. They think he was all popped up on pcp or something.

But that's a typical day here.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/naked-man-seen-running-down-ohio-freeway-near-scene-of-large-accident-outside-cincinnati

Doesn't bode well for the future, I'll say that much. Robots are bound to become more and more common in the near future, and they'll almost definitely remain an acceptable target for the expression of psychotic, homicidal, or just brutish fantasies - which, considering how much they will cost to manufacture, could make them ineconomical. Maybe their design should be passively self defending. Like when you go to decide to kick a robot into pieces, you might have to carefully consider how its innards could deliver a large electric shock due to highly charged capacitors :P

Quasar said:

Doesn't bode well for the future, I'll say that much. Robots are bound to become more and more common in the near future, and they'll almost definitely remain an acceptable target for the expression of psychotic, homicidal, or just brutish fantasies - which, considering how much they will cost to manufacture, could make them ineconomical. Maybe their design should be passively self defending. Like when you go to decide to kick a robot into pieces, you might have to carefully consider how its innards could deliver a large electric shock due to highly charged capacitors :P

This for sure. Would have been great if that little bot had gone full blown Iron Giant on whoever ripped it to pieces.

Look, I want the world to be a better place too, I really do.

But what were they expecting? Particularly from Filthidelphia. I spent a lot of time there. It's a shitty city.

VGames said:

Worst of all the bot was created to be very childlike in appearance. I'm not sure what it's voice sounded like but I'm sure it didn't sound like a 40 year old man like Bender from Futurama.

As long as it looks like a machine, toy, robot, fake human, it is a thing. And things get vandalized by kids, teens, adults, and... anybody with no reflection on what they are doing.

If it would have looked like android nr. 18 it would have ended up chained in somebody his basement. ;-)

nxGangrel said:

What A Shame...

I know right? Imagine the great story that could have been told about this little dudes journey. I would have loved to have read about that. I don't know. I've got a soft spot for technology.

Hitchhiking is a very dangerous thing to do, both for the hiker and the drivers. So much so that its illegal in the state of Pennsylvania (and many other states in the US) I find it kinda strange that a robot was programmed to do something that would be illegal for a human to do.

Code 601.11. Hitchhiking.

The solicitation for a ride, commonly known as hitchhiking is prohibited, and stopping or allowing a vehicle to be standing while hitchhikers board is also prohibited.

VGames said:

I know right? Imagine the great story that could have been told about this little dudes journey. I would have loved to have read about that. I don't know. I've got a soft spot for technology.

I was being sarcastic.

I'm surprised it made it so far. I personally wouldn't want to pick up an annoying little robot and waste my time driving it around. I guess it goes to show there are some truly kind people out there which is obviously a very good thing. I just largely oppose the idea of robot "life" in general. Fuck robots. We've survived just fine without them all these centuries. Robots should never become a significant part of society. That's just asking for trouble.