Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Huge Doom screenshot dump?

Just curious, does anyone have a huge collection of Doom screenshots? A few months ago I spent an hour or so browsing both Post Your Doom Picture threads and saving a bunch of the inspiring screenshots and save them all in a folder, which I now use as the slideshow screensaver on my computer, but now the screenshots are getting a bit tired. Has anyone been saving the pictures used in the Post Your Doom Screenshot thread, and/or have a huge collection of Doom screenshots of your own?

I'd like to add them to my collection. I'd prefer screenshots with large scale architecture, heavy detailing, lots of monsters, intense combat, multiplayer, etc. but I'll take anything and sort through it myself. Browsing the web and saving individual screenshots is tiring.

I have like 1000, taken with GZdoom, but there's the hud with Doomguy's face.
I think in there I still have the ones I took on Sunder and Stardate 20x6, maybe something from Combat Shock too.

Between this hard drive and my old ones I have quite a few. Some more inspiring then others, but after binding a key to "screenshot" in ZDoom many pictures get taken regardless of intent.

Edit: Heh, it would also appear I have a repository of screenshots for when I was doing /newstuff reviews. Even have some for wads that I ended up dropping for review.

I've got a bunch, and I'd like to trade you. What format are your images in? Can you upload them somewhere? What's cool is, if you send your files first, I can run my image comparator across both your files and mine, and eliminate duplicates.

Also, does your screensaver zoom them to fit your screen? What I'm really asking is: Do you need a specific size, or a specific range of sizes?

http://kmxexii.imgur.com

just about every screenshot I have ever taken for every review I have written can be found here. the albums are arranged more or less in the order I played the WADs, the top being the most recent and the very bottom being the earliest.

My images are in various formats, but mostly PNG, GIF, and JPG. It doesn't matter if they have he HUD, but I might crop the images to cut it out myself if I feel theyre too distracting. Image sizes range from 320x200 to 1280x768. Preferably within that 800x600 - 1280x768 range though the smaller sizes tend to stretch.

Thanks greyghost and kmxexii, these are great! Gotta figure out how I can save them all to my harddrive en masse though. I'll probably figure it out.

JudgeDeadd said:

There's the WADINFO.TXT Tumblr, but off the top of my head I'm not sure how would you easily go about downloading all the images.

by that same token, most of my reviews since BTSX E2 (and some of the oldest) have hi-res screenshots on my tumblr

^ that would be great! Could you break em up into separate downloads? 3 or 4 folders should be enough. Post them here or PM then to me if you prefer. Thanks!

I had trouble opening the archives with Windows Explorer and 7zip. Not sure why, I just didn't have any luck extracting the files out of the zips.

Could you post md5 checksums for those files? I suspect one has corrupted while downloading but don't know which.

I am recreating the archives as I think somewhere along the line (transferring to the server) it is corrupted. I have switched to using 7zip this time and it is a bit smaller this time (sorry for wasting bandwidth). I will post once it has finished transferring

edit:
I have re-upped the files with a md5 checksum https://doom.nz/screenshots/

40oz said:

My images are in various formats, but mostly PNG, GIF, and JPG. It doesn't matter if they have he HUD, but I might crop the images to cut it out myself if I feel theyre too distracting. Image sizes range from 320x200 to 1280x768. Preferably within that 800x600 - 1280x768 range though the smaller sizes tend to stretch.

@40oz: You haven't shared your files yet - what's up with that?? :)

I've uploaded about 500Mb of images which are of all different types of Doom-related stuff - screenshots, logos, and other stuff.

I wrote a program to download all the Doomworld screenshots, and got them too. These are split up into 3 downloads, totalling 2.5Gb. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Glaice said:

It's difficult to do anything with those, unless you want to click on each one, right-click, download, etc. Can you zip them, and upload them to Mediafire, or something?

kb1 said:

@40oz: You haven't shared your files yet - what's up with that?? :)

haha sorry, here's mine. Mostly just a collection of stuff I liked that I found on the Post Your Doom Picture thread, and some stuff from kmxexii's blog. 55MB

https://www.mediafire.com/?3yddgij0l0emgq4