Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enderkevin13

Where To Find The Command Line?

I was trying to open a WAD, but it said I needed to run it through the command line.

Question is, where do I find it at? I tried doing it ingame, but it didn't work.

Start menu > type cmd in search programs and files box > press enter

Now you'll have to navigate to your doom directory, which I am far too lazy to explain. Good luck!

Here's the command I wanna run:

skulltag.exe -file insanity insanweps insanmons

Also, before you ask "Why Skulltag?", it only works with skulltag.

You can run skulltag content in Zandronum if you include this file before everything else. I'd honestly recommend using doomseeker to host a LAN server and then just starting the game properly from inside that.

You could also make a shortcut to Zandronum.exe and modify the shortcut's command line by right clicking and selecting "Properties".

Marcaek said:

You can run skulltag content in Zandronum if you include this file before everything else. I'd honestly recommend using doomseeker to host a LAN server and then just starting the game properly from inside that.

You could also make a shortcut to Zandronum.exe and modify the shortcut's command line by right clicking and selecting "Properties".

How do I modify the command line? What do I click?

Edward850 said:

The command prompt. It's that black screen where you prompt commands. What else do you expect it to be? Welcome back to the 90s!
Modern windows even provides you with the cheat sheet:

1. Open target folder.
  2. Hold Shift+Right click folder space.
  3. Open command window here.
  4. Enter your command.
  5. There's nothing left. Congrats. You can now operate a basic CLI.

Necessary disclaimer: shift+RC trick only works on Windows 7 and higher.

Doesn't it work also in Vista? I think I remember doing that in Vista.

You can also type "cmd" in the explorer's path bar. Where you have Computer > GDATA (G:) > Doom > ZDoom in edward850's example pictures, erase everything and type cmd instead. When you hit enter, it'll open a command window there.

Gez said:

Doesn't it work also in Vista? I think I remember doing that in Vista.

You can also type "cmd" in the explorer's path bar. Where you have Computer > GDATA (G:) > Doom > ZDoom in edward850's example pictures, erase everything and type cmd instead. When you hit enter, it'll open a command window there.

Why the detour? You can type the command right away in that space without launching cmd.exe.

Ahhhhhh kids these days.
When I first bought my original PC I rather deliberately deleted my config.sys and autoexec.bat files. Cue a couple of days of faffing around. Gave me better understanding of how the PC handled drivers, load order and memory allocation. Everything is so much simpler now.....

Not this has anything at all to do with the OP....

Dave

Phendrena said:

When I first bought my original PC I rather deliberately deleted my config.sys and autoexec.bat files.

I edited mine to load all the Doom games (in order) before getting to my Desktop. If I ever turned the machine on, playing Doom was usually what I was planning on so I figured I could save some time.

Unless I actually did want to use it for schoolwork, in which case I had to muster all my willpower to exit each game in sequence without even starting E1M1/MAP01 at all. So much for saving time.