Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cire

Zauberer

raymoohawk said:

im already designing a replacement for the malotaur, i just havent figured out the pallete yet

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3a5a/f/2015/221/9/d/champion_by_raymoohawk-d94yhu2.gif

Yeah. That is great design, yet still hinting at the minotaur's origins. Although I find it a little hard to read the flail's head from the right frame. A little more contrast on the borders would solve it.

The palette is one of the trickiest and easiest to get screwed part of the design. One have to decide on it completely, before doing any most of the work. The one to the left looks closer to Hexen's palette for monsters, although still too bright.

The Hexen-brightness monster would look something like

Although nothing is forcing the artist to use the same palette as Hexen. After all, Palettes are stored in WADs and don't require additional engine modifications. Although exaggeratedly bright palette will make it look like Golden Souls 3.

New version is up with a few graphical changes by myself and some of the recent submissions of this thread (see log at GitHub for a few more details).

I've drawn a placeholder for stalker (swamp monster) replacement:

it is just a head, intended for some Cthulhu-style monster. Although you can use it for textures or maybe weapon.

I'm lazy to do any future work on it (and I'm worthless at animation), so anyone is free to pick it up.

I also want to clarifiy that my friend Björn Dahle is part of the team, and is working on the story and helping with ideas.
EDIT: I'm also thinking that when Zauberer is more complete, making a Zauberer specific mod on the Zandronum Engine or something with more advanced functions and expanded number of enemy types so we can have both the good and evil sides.

Nikita_Sadkov said:

Tried to improve the http://opengameart.org/content/rpg-boss-brown-mummy sprite, which is public domain.

it can serve as a throw-in replacement for bishop, heresiarch or reiver.

http://i.imgur.com/xG8Djlr.png

"All assets I created for these projects are now published for free commercial and uncommercial use."

If Zauberer wants a license similar to Freedoom's this wont work.

Catoptromancy said:

"All assets I created for these projects are now published for free commercial and uncommercial use."

Why? It's public domain - it will work with any and all licenses.

Catoptromancy said:

The license on the right clearly states "Public Domain" (CC0), so you can completely ignore the message.

its probably better to consult with the uploader, just to confirm. as you know some people select the wrong option when uploading to OGA

raymoohawk said:

its probably better to consult with the uploader, just to confirm. as you know some people select the wrong option when uploading to OGA

The whole point of OGA and CC is to avoid tracking author and asking permission. In most cases locating author will be impossible or the author will just get annoyed and won't answer.

that doesn’t prevent people from uploading things claiming it is under one license when it is in fact not. you have experience doing that remember? although i suppose i am overreacting, not everyone is going to be like you after all

raymoohawk said:

that doesn’t prevent people from uploading things claiming it is under one license when it is in fact not. you have experience doing that remember? although i suppose i am overreacting, not everyone is going to be like you after all

I was banned on OGA due to submitting sprites from commons.wikimedia.org, which are formally CC BY-SA and copyright holders confirmed that through OTRS.

Regarding submitting Freedoom sprites to OGA, the BSD license is compatible with CC BY-SA, so people using BSD assets under the condition of CC BY-SA won't get into troubles. Although not the other way around, because CC BY-SA has anti-DRM measures.

A suggestion would be to have a similar style on some levels like Chapter II in Scythe 2.

I guess the shadows should be removed though, as to not hint at any light source, which might not coincide with the lighting of the level areas where this sprite may be positioned.

Yes, I agree with you Mr. Flibble, though I don't think that's something I can manage to do myself.

Regarding the "The Ten Gates" mapset concept I posted earlier, me and Björn are proposing the following names for the levels in the set:

Map01: The Entrence of Amenti
Map02: River of Blood
Map03: Pits of Fire
Map04: Desert of Rostau (Realms of Sokar) (the first Apep (Korax replacement) boss battle will take place here)
Map05: Caves of Sokar
Map06: Hall of Judgement (boss battle with Ammit the Devourer (one of the miniboss replacements)
Map07: The Cursed City of Thephet-Sheta
Map08: The Dark Fortress
Map09: Halls of Agony (Second Apep boss battle)
Map10: The Serpent Spire (Final Apep boss battle)

Ammit concept:

Proposed mage name: Sokar the Undying, Lord of Rostau
Mage concept: Green-skinned mummy wielding a staff

Apologies for the double post. I was thinking of how Freedoom from the beginning had the Demo/Shareware goal and that would be something to perhaps consider in Zauberer? So would it be a good idea to try to make a four level Zauberer demo or something first and Before expanding on it to make the full game and then even farther in the future maybe a Deathkings replacement? Since it isn't attracting that many contributors, which makes the progress rather slow paced at the moment. That's why I suggest this idea. Comments or additional ideas appreciated as Always.

I didn't know this.

Now I read that the demo was the first hub without the guardian of steel. Maybe for the Zauberer demo we could put a complete hub.

Yup, that would make more sense. Never really understood why they left out GoS from the demo hub.