Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

The real "JAWS", Deep Blue

I know, his name was "Bruce", but people know what I'm talking about more if I used the title of the movie.

Anyway, here's a video of the largest Great white shark ever caught on camera.

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/08/12/meet-deep-blue-researcher-releases-new-video-of-largest-shark-ever-caught-on-camera/

I have always been fascinated by sharks ever since I was a young child; especially the great white shark. I think its a shame that they're considered vulnerable on the endangered species list. Sharks are older than trees, who the hell are we to wipe them off the face of the earth?

I've always loved sharks as well. There's also the giant Tigerfish which lives in the Congo River system. Some of the most ferocious creatures on planet earth! They're like piranhas on crack. Very cool:

Kontra Kommando said:

Anyway, here's a video of the largest shark ever caught on camera.

I beg to differ.

GreyGhost said:

I beg to differ.

whoops

corrected it to say *great white shark

//

In regards to its endangered species status; actually most marine life is being threatened. Because of the high levels of acidity in the ocean caused by pollution; sea creatures are dying out. This issue particularly affects their reproductive process. The fertility of marine animals has been sharply reduced by the toxic environment humans are creating. Even if we stop over fishing; the real issue to be tackled is CO2 emissions. Further, it becomes an increasingly difficult battle, with newly industrialized nations like China, producing massive amounts of pollution.

I wonder what would happen if a Great White Shark and a Whale Shark met. It's kinda pointless to have the title of "biggest shark" when you can probably be ripped to shreds by almost any other species of shark.

Speaking of sharks...how about this one? The stuff of nightmares...

Maes said:

I wonder if the D3 pinky design was inspired by this creature. It also has protrusible jaws of a similar shape.

Maes said:

holy hell, goblin sharks do exist still? i thought they were an extinct species. O_o