Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

E3 exclusive Cyberdemon "mystery mini"

Anybody lucky enough to pick this up, with or without its packaging and the other two pack-ins? Would appreciate photos for the wiki.

Quasar said:

Anybody lucky enough to pick this up, with or without its packaging and the other two pack-ins? Would appreciate photos for the wiki.

I'll try to take some nice picks of the package I got from the Bethesda Conference when I get home from work tonight... if someone doesn't beat me to it haha.

Quasar said:

Since it seems the other poster has forgotten, I'll drop mine here.
Sorry for the low quality, hope it's good enough.

It's good for a start. We can always upgrade if somebody shows up with a professional quality camera or something, but this is rare in my experience :> Thanks.

The cyberdemon really does look like a hilarious moose or flying nun.

Anyone else think that fallout 4 thing looks bit more doom than that moose?

Also, thanks for the picture.

It kinda sucks that one of the most iconic characters in the Doom universe has been given the worst treatment. Literally every other design they've shown so far has been great. I don't think there's any hope of a re-design.

GoatLord said:

It kinda sucks that one of the most iconic characters in the Doom universe has been given the worst treatment. Literally every other design they've shown so far has been great. I don't think there's any hope of a re-design.

Why does everyone hate the design?
He looks great in the most recent screenshot, when he's around the other demons too.
I actually really like the shape of his horns/head, his cannon, and the big spike he's got on his right hand.
Only thing I would really change is maybe make his body a little slimmer, and give him hooves, but I think the design is pretty good otherwise.

Here's my problem: He doesn't look scary! I've felt threatened and unsettled by all the other designs, even the imp. I love them. They're grotesque and inspired. But the cyberdemon looks like an action figure. Almost like a really slick cartoon character. It's not disturbing, scary, menacing, nothing!

GoatLord said:

Here's my problem: He doesn't look scary! I've felt threatened and unsettled by all the other designs, even the imp. I love them. They're grotesque and inspired. But the cyberdemon looks like an action figure. Almost like a really slick cartoon character. It's not disturbing, scary, menacing, nothing!

It's weird but in the E3 2014 teaser it looked more intimidating, fleshy and metal and shit, I dunno if it's because it was mostly hidden in shadow or because the trailer was CG but I felt it left a more menacing and scary presence there than in the gameplay footage and screenshots.

Personally I think the new cyberdemon isn't cyber enough.

I have this package too and a decent camera. If I get around to making the little makeshift studio I've always wanted too, I'll try to get some pics. I also have the pin set that has a UAC logo pin.

I for one like the Cyberdemon, btw. So fuck all y'all.

Clonehunter said:

I have this package too and a decent camera. If I get around to making the little makeshift studio I've always wanted too, I'll try to get some pics. I also have the pin set that has a UAC logo pin.

I for one like the Cyberdemon, btw. So fuck all y'all.

Would take any or all :)

The classic cacodemon looks goofy as well. I don't see what's the big deal. I also suspect the cyberdemon will be more common than it was in any of the previous Dooms.

printz said:

The classic cacodemon looks goofy as well. I don't see what's the big deal. I also suspect the cyberdemon will be more common than it was in any of the previous Dooms.

I'm hoping if it's common, perhaps there'll be something bigger and more alike the classic cyberdemon. That figure looks entirely too goofy, along with the in-game design.

It doesn't look goofy because it's cartoonish, which they all are. It looks goofy because it resembles an angry bat person or some kind of constipated moose more than it does a goddamn cybernetic demon.

Jaxxoon R said:

"Figure looks too goofy"

[Figure is placed directly next to Cartoon Network-looking things]

It's just the theme of Mystery Minis. They are ALL designed in a cartoonish style. Why Bethesda almost only ever commissions cartoonish looking toys for Doom is the question we should be asking, rather than criticizing this particular piece for being thematically consistent with the rest of its series :P

Quasar said:

It's just the theme of Mystery Minis. They are ALL designed in a cartoonish style. Why Bethesda almost only ever commissions cartoonish looking toys for Doom is the question we should be asking, rather than criticizing this particular piece for being thematically consistent with the rest of its series :P

Corporate directive. All new enemy designs must be relatively inoffensive "generic scary" and easily chibified for inclusion on tshirts / stickers / betheebo figurines.

i like the new cyberdemon, and that chibi looks like it could appear in quake with very little changes to the proportions

the only change i would have done to the new cyber is have one of the legs be digitigrade, like in the classic, but other than that i love it

When I look at the Cyberdemon the only impression I get is of a generic low tier bruiser-type demon.

Avoozl said:

When I look at the Cyberdemon the only impression I get is of a generic low tier bruiser-type demon.

Nah, I could love him :) he got right size, cute face, maybe need more cyber parts on his body. Only thing that set me of is his bug-like horns, he looks like one of Diablo3 Blizzard's demon or Starcraft zerg unit. Normal horns would be welcome.

GoatLord said:

He seems out of place, artistically, compared to the rest of the demons.

Yeah, but eitherway, He still looks badass. I'm guessing they collapse somewhere down deeper In the mines of Hell after they started charging up their weapons, or the Cyberdemon shot Doomguy and sent Him flying with Him collapsing somewhere and the Cyberdemon went down there to continue the battle. We just don't know yet.

I dunno, He looks about as tall as his original size In DOOM 1 and 2 If You think about It, In a way this Is what a Cyberdemon would look like In Real Life, expect with not the original design from the originals.

GoatLord said:

He seems out of place, artistically, compared to the rest of the demons.

How so?
To me he fits right in with the style of the Caco, and what we've seen of the Pinky and Spectre.

He looks out of place in that he looks like an elaborate action figure for a medieval RPG, whereas the other monsters look "Doomy."