Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Imback55

Nothing New On idgames Lately

i checked this thread often, hoping for good news. now the doomworld front page... thanks again ty.

You will be missed, Ty. Thank for you all the work you put in with Icarus, Boom then /idgames/ over the years.

I had suspected as much, but I still hoped he would pull through. Huge thanks for maintaining game history.

R.I.P.

"Eternal Pillar of the Community" remembrance forum title for the late Ty, anyone?

I was just asking this week if anyone heard news about his condition, mainly because I forgot the name of this damn thread. I second the idea for an appropriate Ty Halderman memorial thread.

Condolences to Ty's family and friends for their terrible loss.

R.I.P.

RIP Ty, I never knew you personally but I know you did a tremendous job for the Doom community.

May Ty rest in peace, he was a fantastic man.
RIP.

God bless you Ty, and God bless your family. And thanks for everything you've contributed to this community. R.I.P. :(

Saffy said:

There were a number of complications that also arose and he never improved. He died July 31st surrounded by family.

Thank you for letting us know. Ty was family to us as well.

I already felt worried once someone posted sometime ago that he was in the hospital and was not in a good condition. That's very sad. A man who was a key part of the community now gone. I wouldn't have discovered many good mods for Doom if he wasn't around to get them all together in one site, and how nice he kept on going until the end. Sad that it seems a few people important to me have now departed from life this year. My condolences to his family.

Damn, checked this thread around a week ago to see if there were any developments. And then now it seems he's passed. It seems like this community has seen its fair share of losses (at least in terms of discussing such things) and everyone kind of feels pretty emotionally tight knit for an online community. Then again, it has some years under its belt. RIP Ty, and thank you so much for all your contributions.

This is heart-breaking. He was THE MAN, nothing can replace his dedication and what he did for this game and it's community. Geez, my condolences to his friends and family. Ty was all TCB, taking care of business week after week... and people just *assumed* someone was going to maintain the archive and keep things tidy. He was just a reliable and cool guy..!

I just exchanged a few mails with him, and he was always ready to help or give me suggestions about the updates of my files, he seemed a nice guy and today I realised the amount of time he was involved with the doom community. It's an enormous loss and knowing he passed away just sucks, a really bad surprise.