chronicle%20of%20doomguy%20map01%20scree

chronicle%20of%20doomguy%20map02%20scree

chronicle%20of%20doomguy%20map03%20scree

chrodoom.1.0.zip

idgames

Edited by meapineapple : Add idgames link

Jaxxoon R said:

What.

If it helps, I know Dwayne Johnson is in fact "The Great One", "The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainmet", The Rock.

I've only been using GZDoom, used to use Doomsday back in the day. Is this WAD playable in GZDoom, or does Boom mean I need to play on prBoom etc?

I think GZDoom is supposed to have some kind of Boom compatibility or something like that?

PsychoGoatee said:

Is this WAD playable in GZDoom, or does Boom mean I need to play on prBoom etc?

I think GZDoom is supposed to have some kind of Boom compatibility or something like that?

Yes it's playable in GZDoom, because GZDoom is a OpenGl version of Zdoom and both ports have Boom compatility, however you can try prBoom and see if it suits you.

Pretty fun maps! I think it could definitely benefit from having a backpack somewhere in them, and I think the item placement may be better off with larger items clustered together. The tiny item collecting started to wear on me after a while. Particularly in MAP02 where there's a huge wave of cacos at the end, I had to pick my brain a lot to look in all the alcoves where I may have left a few clips behind.

MAP03 could probably use a couple extra stimpacks too considering all the nukage in it. There are either impassable lines or monster block lines keeping the cacos from flying through the windows. It does make it harder than it would be though, if that was the intention. Also there's a rock with a stimpack on it to the right of the nukage bridge that damages you when you stand on it :P

J.B.R said:

Yes it's playable in GZDoom, because GZDoom is a OpenGl version of Zdoom and both ports have Boom compatility, however you can try prBoom and see if it suits you.

Cool. Do I need to change the GZDoom compatibility setting, if you happen to know? I've always played on default. There's also a Boom setting, and Boom (strict) setting, etc.

I don't know too much about the various changes and tweaks. Do GZDoom's default settings break things made with Boom in mind? I notice the only difference between default and Boom mode is "Boom scrollers are additive - YES". Boom Strict turns several more on, including actors are infinitely tall, etc.

PsychoGoatee said:

Cool. Do I need to change the GZDoom compatibility setting, if you happen to know? I've always played on default. There's also a Boom setting, and Boom (strict) setting, etc.

I don't know too much about the various changes and tweaks. Do GZDoom's default settings break things made with Boom in mind? I notice the only difference between default and Boom mode is "Boom scrollers are additive - YES". Boom Strict turns several more on, including actors are infinitely tall, etc.

I don't think it breaks things, although i haven't got to experiment with that, but it might improve overall gaming experience.
I play always with default so that shouldn't be a problem, although i'm no expert in these things so maybe you could ask someone about that.

Played 1/2 and will play 3 tomorrow. Nice-looking maps. I really like the weaponless starts where you have an almost overwhelming number of options as to what direction to go -- and (with poor luck) you can end up with a bunch of low- and mid-tier monsters following you as you frantically search for weaponry. I'm a fan of multi-tiered layouts, where you can jump from one pillar to another over territory you've already crossed on the ground, and the rocky aesthetic fits this well. Flying monsters do well in areas like this. The packs of lost souls were probably the most dangerous enemies.

In the first level, you should use a different texture for the "exit switch". I thought it was a door and wanted to open it just to dispose of whatever monster was inside or maybe grab something like a medkit before I headed off to max the level, and it turned out to be the actual exit-triggering mechanism! In the second level it wouldn't have mattered even if I hadn't played the first level.