Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

Any Good RPG Maker (VX) Games?

Ever since I played an RPG Maker VX game called Mogeko Castle, I've been into these things. I searched google for some games for RPG Maker and RPG Maker VX games, but there was nothing that really got me interested.

So I'm asking if there's any good RPG Maker games you can recommend.

P.S: Links to sites where more recommendations exist is good too.

VX or VX Ace?

Are you looking for a storytelling game or an actual RPG?

People love To the Moon and Lisa, but they're not traditional RPGs.

RPGmaker.net is full of free RPGs to your heart's content. I'm still surprised people would pay for the shovelware that they are. Its also a great place to get kickstarter and greenlight publicity.

Its got a fantastic search function that lets you find stuff by rating, engine and whatever else. You can review and all that fun stuff. Its a really good store bought online system that's probably the best free gaming site I've dealt with.

There's always a lot of them in indiegala.com $1 bundles.

There were quite a few in the game dev humble bundle a while back. I'm not sure if they're any good but they were obviously good enough to get into a bundle with development software.

SavageCorona said:

There were quite a few in the game dev humble bundle a while back. I'm not sure if they're any good but they were obviously good enough to get into a bundle with development software.

Yeah about once or twice a year humble does a RPG Maker Bundle.

geo said:

VX or VX Ace?

Are you looking for a storytelling game or an actual RPG?

People love To the Moon and Lisa, but they're not traditional RPGs.

RPGmaker.net is full of free RPGs to your heart's content. I'm still surprised people would pay for the shovelware that they are. Its also a great place to get kickstarter and greenlight publicity.

Its got a fantastic search function that lets you find stuff by rating, engine and whatever else. You can review and all that fun stuff. Its a really good store bought online system that's probably the best free gaming site I've dealt with.

There's always a lot of them in indiegala.com $1 bundles.

I'm sorry. I meant VX Ace. I don't really have the option of buying stuff from the internet so I'm looking for any free RPG maker games. VX Ace is good, but if it isn't there's no problem.

Traditional RPGs aren't bad as long as it has a good story. That being said, If it's story telling game, it's okay too.

But I don't want anything that's got super hard puzzles. Puzzles are good. Hard puzzles are bad.

geo said:

Yeah about once or twice a year humble does a RPG Maker Bundle.

It was a bundle that has all sorts of dev kits, it just happened to include RPG maker and about 5 or 6 RPG maker games.

SavageCorona said:

It was a bundle that has all sorts of dev kits, it just happened to include RPG maker and about 5 or 6 RPG maker games.

Oh yeah I saw that one too. It was I think a week after the Cool Kids fiasco.

This is not for VX (and I'm not into RPGs anyway) but I really liked Yume Nikki. I think it's a classic if you like exploratory games.

Noiser said:

This is not for VX (and I'm not into RPGs anyway) but I really liked Yume Nikki. I think it's a classic if you like exploratory games.

Second. A similar game (also not VX) is OFF. It's pretty shitty in terms of RPG, (its way too easy and gets broken like halfway through) but it's more about the... story? and the cool weirdness than gameplay.

The awesome music, atmosphere, and bizarre dialogue and characters sold it for me.

There's an entire race of pasty bald businessmen that breath smoke and harvest metal from cows in a world made out of metal with seas of molten plastic.

And you play as a baseball batter that hunts ghosts and kicks the shit out of them to "PURIFY THE WORLD" with the help of his giant mechanical ring assistants.

There's an angry, towering man with a birdface and giant nasty teeth in an open trench coat with no shirt that spawns word bubbles containing Chinese characters that do absolutely nothing. And his theme song is fucking awesome.

I would recommend Chronicles of a Dark Lord by Kisareth Studios. They just released Episode 2 and there are more to come.