Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Sunlust + Summer of '69 demos [-complevel 9]

blob1024 said:

would be grateful if anybody makes a 30-nomonster(and 100secrets), i might try it again then

Nomo100 is such an useful category it really should be included as official

yea... for newbs like me who cant find all secrets sometimes.. for example I was quite lucky to find the switch for the invulnerability secret on map21 lol, I had to walk around with idclip , i saw that switch and made some guess...

Map05 NM Speed in 0:05.

Didn't watch Springy's demo prior to recording in case someone cares, the trick is pretty obvious as it stands. I can't see a single chance to shave off another full second, so the rest of improvements would only reduce milliseconds I suppose. I'll leave it to folks like 4shockblast to explore.

@ Ancalagon: Fuckin' wow... Well, at least now I don't have to bother with this map and can thus save some nerve cells for other stuff, heheh.

sl05n589.zip

amazing demo for an even more amazing map! truly awesome to watch
I had really trouble in visiting and exploring the level...

For those confused by 30's obscurity (I admit that I managed to find only 2 secrets, myself, the rest was discovered only after staring into the editor for some time) - here's the nomo demo showing just how everything works in this godly machine, as well as all the secrets. It's a run to the end, though it can be safely turned off after plasma acquisition, as the rest of the map is crystally clear in terms of progression (exploration steps back, action steps forth, you know this kind of deal). Hope it helps.

Also i noticed something. In MAP30 with (Doom Builder) i found some unknown actions:
Linedef 13228 - 13231. It hasn't any tags. I'm guessing it supposed to open some secret with AV jump but were removed.

Cyberdemon531 said:

MAP07 NoMo in 0:06

I'm glad this wad didn't neglect map07 in nomonsters :) I was worried I missed something huge, but I guess for now my route isn't too bad.

Here's UV-Speed in 0:39...

sl07-039.zip

Damn, that happened, heh... In 30, there's a quick way back after the megasphere secret near the YK switch, there's an opening on the opposite side, there's no need to drop down to pre-plasma area and ride the lift again, I simply forgot about that (then again, I never thought my nomo would be used as a base for actual runs, as it was simply a secret/general logic showcase). Really sorry about that.

Demonologist said:

Damn, that happened, heh... In 30, there's a quick way back after the megasphere secret near the YK switch, there's an opening on the opposite side, there's no need to drop down to pre-plasma area and ride the lift again, I simply forgot about that (then again, I never thought my nomo would be used as a base for actual runs, as it was simply a secret/general logic showcase). Really sorry about that.

Truth be told I didn't intend to pick that megasphere up so early and planned to grab it after the cyberdemon secret, on the way to the chaingunners. Because of this I completely forgot that staircase existed. When practising I usually came out of the yellow key fight at around 150/150~ but it went rather badly that time, so I wanted to stack up for safety's sake. I also managed to completely forget where I was and walked off the edge after the cyberdemon secret, which wasted a bit more time.

I think there is a secret that cannot be tagged in map01 of summer69.wad. Sector 359 is outside of the map and was maybe supposed to be tagged by the voodoo doll that's inside of it but from my testing voodoo dolls can't tag secrets.

There are no demos for the map yet so I think there's still time for reupload to idgames.

EDIT: Also, some HOMs in map04.

Keyboard_Doomer said:

I think there is a secret that cannot be tagged in map01 of summer69.wad. Sector 359 is outside of the map and was maybe supposed to be tagged by the voodoo doll that's inside of it but from my testing voodoo dolls can't tag secrets.

that map used some transfer-sector-property behaviors to make a normal sector register as secret after you hit a switch that teles in a secret PG: here. This also used to be in sl07, but we later learned this doesn't work as intended in zdoom and removed it.

and yeah, sorry about those missing textures. Oh well :p