Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaLiquidator

Game of Thrones Wildfire = BFG?

This reminds me of the brutal doom BFG, which acts more like a portable nuke spreading a giant green explosion, while the standard doom BFG resembles a target seeking energy attack.

Just cause it's green doesn't mean it's the BFG, and if it was the same "effect" as the BFG why didn't the other boats Tyrion was looking at catch fire lol get it doom joke lol omg

Edit: Also George R.R. Martin wrote this shit before Doom came out.

*shrug* to me, it just looks like a hellburner attack with a green flame.

Now, they had somehow cast a spell which created first a big fireball and then bouncing invisible rays of death at a 90 degree angle, then we'd be talkin'.

So the point of that "one ship attack" was because it was full of the combustible liquid and it took out all the other ships?

He wrote the first part of Song of Ice & Fire in 1996, 3 years after Doom. Movie is even newer. I think himself was not inspired, but the special effect dude maybe.

And I dont think its BFG-like just because its green (and big and has even secondary explosions). Its the whole feeling. Lets say it like this: I would be satisfied if they made Doom movie and BFG in it looked like this. I would call it enough accurate to not displease my picky demands.

geo said:

So the point of that "one ship attack" was because it was full of the combustible liquid and it took out all the other ships?

Not all the ships.

NinjaLiquidator said:

He wrote the first part of Song of Ice & Fire in 1996, 3 years after Doom. Movie is even newer. I think himself was not inspired, but the special effect dude maybe.

My bad, still though this is really far fetched.

SavageCorona said:

I don't get what was going on or who was supposed to be fighting who.

Just think of it as a siege that was not successful.

I think Tyrion is most like the Doomguy because the Doomguy is also short. Also Tyrion has great prowess in the bedroom, similar to Doomguy's rip and tear abilities.

Doominator2 said:

If it was blue then it would be the plasma rifle.

And if they had a multiple crossbow shooting 20 arrows at a time it would be the SSG.

Maes said:

And if they had a multiple crossbow shooting 20 arrows at a time it would be the SSG.

And if it was green it would be Ethereal crossbow. Tome of Power enhanced.

Red = imp fire. That torch that Petey Dinklidge held up.... lit by an imp off camera.

Jaxxoon R said:

This is literally Doom because it has game in the title and Doom is a game.

And because you can mod a throne into it.

I always thought this show was a cheap shit ripoff of Doom, glad to know I'm not alone.

Not the BFG.

Granted, there's no sure way of telling for sure given that he doesn't move after firing and with there not being much between the fleet and his position; Bronn would need to fire the arrow along the coastline and then strafe into the sea until parallel with the fleet for a true evaluation of the wildfire's BFG credentials to be given.