Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Wow, where'd you get that cool purple sky?

stole it from Sunlust and recolored it haha. should probably see where they got it from or if they made it.

@AD_79: thanks :D not sure how I missed your earlier shots on this page but I really love those and the latest pair. can never have too much red + metal haha

Tango said:

@Dave The Daring: that looks awesome :D really cool use of 3d floors.

Cheers! I love the look of your map, very detailed without being cluttered, and it drips atmosphere.

Urthar said:

Dave, that's already starting to look very atmospheric.

That's my goal. I've been digging your last few screen grabs by the way. Very impressive stuff.

TheCupboard said:

One can tell that Dave the Daring is knowledgeable in the art extracting Quake 2 essence and applying the level structure directly to Doom format.

Yeah, that has been another goal of mine, I can't deny it. Whether it works or not is another thing.

@scifista42 - I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little longer. I haven't even started the final section yet. I'm currently working on some ACS scripting.

@iori - Cheers mate!

@AD_79 - Your stuff is always interesting. Keep going mate.

Right, back to work!

Soundblock said:

Trying out different ways to make a convincing forest setting myself.

Too cubic, too much like MineCraft, for my taste...

MMMMMmmmmmm... Quake! I love how you made the scrolling sky that is found in the original Quake! Keep at it!

Urthar that looks fantastic! I love the look of the Quake techbase textures. Too bad there weren't many techbase maps in the original Quake.

Made this by screwing around with animdefs. Now fully skilled in the art, and with the Animdefs file as my paintbrush, nothing is impossible.

Spoiler

I love that third screenshot Breezeep. Looks very earthy and peaceful. Ironic because it's probably one of the areas that will kill me to death.

A pity I don't know what it is. But it looks like I missed something really important. Especially the German name of the weapon is interesting.

Not sure what's to the left of the room, a table with a red cloth? It looks cut off at the left side. Render error?

AD_79 said:

*two pics*

Yes? No? Delete entirely?

This is great! Keep them, but if you want some sugestions, I recommend be a little less conservative in terms of colors. This is something that I didn't like in Sunlust, by the way.

The neutral ones are cool and well distributed (grey and brown), but the red matching with red everywhere is a little excessive.
My opinion anyway.

Some new screenies from my Doomworld Mega Project 2015 UDMF map (wow, that's a mouthful!)..

In this room, the player can swim beneath the slime to pick up goodies:

Directly above this room is the following area. You can just about see the previous room through the gaps in the floor.

As with most maps I start, this is becoming much bigger than I originally intended.

Noiser said:

This is great! Keep them, but if you want some sugestions, I recommend be a little less conservative in terms of colors. This is something that I didn't like in Sunlust, by the way.

The neutral ones are cool and well distributed (grey and brown), but the red matching with red everywhere is a little excessive.
My opinion anyway.

Here's the thing, if I go and add more colours I'm (likely) gonna get people saying that it's too much and that I should tone it down. It's impossible to please everyone :P

Oh, and that looks good, Dave!