Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

THT: Threnody - released!

I'm a busy dude but can make myself un-busy for a bit for this occasion. Have a shorty map idea that ought to be fitting.

I would love to but I am too wrapped up in my Church level project, which I will end up making a tribute for him after some thought about his recent death.

Oh I'm so down, all my other projects can frankly get fucked if it means doing something to honor Ty.

(I love the other stuff I'm working on, but still, this needs to happen.)

Instead of just filling 32 slots, we should see how many submissions we can get from the community for one project. All eligible submissions received could be divided up into 32 level megawads. For example, if we get 128 submissions, you'd get a 4 part mega-megawad. If that isn't a fitting tribute for Ty, I don't know what is. This gesture should be as big as his contributions to furthering Doom.

I'm not as good at Doom mapping and have only completed Evilution once, but perhabs I could join in as well, for I feel any help could matter?

Just started a map for this. It'll be my first, if I can manage to finish it (fingers crossed) but I figured this was a fine enough reason to finally get one done.

Job said:

Instead of just filling 32 slots, we should see how many submissions we can get from the community for one project. All eligible submissions received could be divided up into 32 level megawads. For example, if we get 128 submissions, you'd get a 4 part mega-megawad. If that isn't a fitting tribute for Ty, I don't know what is. This gesture should be as big as his contributions to furthering Doom.

Yeah I wasn't even thinking of a concrete 32. Whatever gets made gets made. 12 levels 96 levels its all good.

I feel I'd be remiss not to contribute to this as well. I just hope I get the time for all the projects I've committed myself to in the last couple of weeks :\

I was thinking to myself the other night that there should be something in the works as a form of tribute to Ty, and am I glad someone else thinks the same thing. I'll more than likely attempt a map but I also have Mutiny to think of, despite being out of the loop for that one at the moment. It's also probably worth considering a DM pack, too as I believe he also contributed to the likes of Bloodlands amongst other TNT DM packs. I do have a copy of the Return resource files so it would be nice to use them.

I will participate.

Are we going just to post maps or are we going to create a megawad with all maps?

If we go for the megawad option, which iwad are we going to use? Doom2, Plutonia, etc...?

I would like to make a map, but I'm not sure if I will be able to.

In any case, could we get a list of the maps that Ty made for TNT Evilution, and such?

I can take a run through TNT Blood and those wads to make a list for those, but I don't know about Evilution.

gemini09 said:

I would like to make a map, but I'm not sure if I will be able to.

In any case, could we get a list of the maps that Ty made for TNT Evilution, and such?

I can take a run through TNT Blood and those wads to make a list for those, but I don't know about Evilution.

A list of Ty Halderman maps on ID Games + TNT: Evilution

DOOM "Sacrifice" Episode (unknown maps) 7 Sep 1994
DOOM II "Argus" Episode (unknown maps) 2 Feb 1995
Icarus: Alien Vanguard (Map 3, 10, 27, 30, 32) 21 March 1996
TNT: Evilution (Map 4, 19) 31 May 1996
Bloodlands (Map 6, 31) 2 Aug 1996
Grievance (Map 16, 30) 3 Dec 1996
tntpurst.zip (Map 1, 8, 13) 21 Oct 1997
Eternal Doom (Map 34) 14 Nov 1997
Reclamation (Map 21) 27 Feb 1999
Pax 9 May 1999
Induction 9 Oct 1999
TeamTNT Doom2000 Hub 1 (Map 7) 31 Dec 1999
Daedalus: Alien Defense (Map 7, 8, 9, 27, 28, 29, 32) 10 Dec 2003

NoneeLlama said:

I have a suggestion: how about using the resource wad of The Return?

I think this is a good suggestion.

I would love to do something for this. What are the rules?

sincity2100 said:

Whatever the tribute wad,the Iwad should be in the TNT.wad.

i object. Doom 2 is all you need.

sincity2100 said:

Whatever the tribute wad,the Iwad should be in the TNT.wad.

I agree!

Whether this project gets going or not, I have already started making a Boom compatible map for tnt.wad. The latter definitely not for having cool textures or anything, but simply to honor Ty.