Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

Image and File Sharing Sites

Image and File Sharing Sites

I have been looking for a great image and file sharing site for uploading my doom projects. I am hoping to use it to get feedback on a few of my sprite and map edits before they are finished. Do you have any suggestions? What are your favorites?

I am looking for free browser based sharing sites that have at least a couple of gigs. Image sharing is a plus. I also want it to be standalone and not attached to my Gmail of Amazon accounts.

I feel sites like Imgur are too social network geared for this kind of application, but google images might be fine for hosting the images. Sites like Dropbox are not free and RapidShare is a bit tricky to download files sometimes and is now currently closing down its site.

I also know about Box but I don’t know if it’s any good, plus you have to download its app to upload your files. Then there is Jumpshare. After Doing a bit of research Jumpshare might fit my needs it offers 2 gigs for free users.

Then again, what is your favorite image and file sharing sites and what do you suggest?

I mainly use Dropbox for files and images, though I recently started using imgur for uploading images in order to conserve some of my Dropbox space.

Same here. Imgur and Dropbox are easy and suit my needs. Anything else I've tried becomes a pain in the ass at some point in the process. Wish I could be more helpful.

Imgur allows you to upload images without registering an account at all.

I haven't yet discovered a reliable file sharing site that doesn't require registration. That's why I mostly use Filedropper or Sendspace. Filedropper requires you to fill captcha when downloading a file, and Sendspace links expire after a couple weeks. Mediafire and Dropbox are well known as good, I just don't like how they require registration and even wordly ask for your real name.

Filedropper, speedyshare and tinypic will not keep your files after uploading
I use Dropbox and Imgur

I try to avoid mediafire because of the increasingly spooky ads. It used to be really good without them. I prefer Dropbox these days since I'm subscribed to it.

Thanks for your suggestions, looks like I have a bit more research to do before I can select a file share that works best for my needs.

scifista42 said:

Imgur allows you to upload images without registering an account at all.

Thanks scifista42 I did not know that you could upload pictures to Imgur without an account.

BlackFish said:

I try to avoid mediafire because of the increasingly spooky ads.

Just like BlackFish, I also dislike waiting on ads, I don’t like them in youtube and I sometimes click them by accident while downloading files sometimes.

Thanks again.

BlackFish said:

I try to avoid mediafire because of the increasingly spooky ads.

You should use adblock then.

Good thing I have Dropbox installed on my computer. I just share from my Public folder.

I hate when people link their files on mediafire or other crap. We're in 2015 now, not 2005. Sometimes these sites are so broken I just can't download the file. The Doom community, more specifically DRD Team used to have a file sharing service (thanks to Eruanna) but it's gone.

I use OneDrive and Imgur.

I stopped using Mediafire because one of my viewers messaged me about getting a virus from the site one time, and concluded it came from a shady ad-disguised-as-legit-download style image.

OneDrive is free, and you get 30GB of space to use (which is plenty for doom content of all kinds really).

Then I stopped using imageshack and switched to Imgur because of paid subscription fees and data limits and whatnot that they started imposing, as well as removing the direct linking and image stats for the free users.

Wow, I didn't know Mediafire had such problems, fortunately I didn't had any trouble with the site.

Just use Imgur. Seriously. Can't believe people are seriously still suggesting Mediafire.