Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

THT: Threnody - released!

Something I'm working on:

Spoiler

I tried to imitate Ty's style from what I saw on Evilution and Icarus.

No one is stopping it from going on. Proceed.

Err. Is there even a leader or a sort of direction in this project? I don't really think this project will even be finished if that's so.

I was thinking all of September but if that's too long we can just make it for this weekend. Friday - Monday morning. After all the speed mapping events I'm sure y'all can do it. Otherwise we can spread it over a week.

I didn't feel it needs organization. There is no real finish line. No 32 level destination. If Ty and his doom contributions mean enough for you to map midi or sprite go for it. Even 2 years from now if someone wants to remember him then Boom TNT Icarus and Evilution away.

Gothic already has a good start. :-)

Ty's greatest attributes were his organizational ability and his long term dedication. So we're going to do a haphazard, ad-hoc weekend-long project. *salutes*

if this start around september i would have enough time from here to 1st september to finish the map im currently working so pretty much that would help me and others that are in the same situation

Sounds like all of September it is.

SepTYber

I'd offer to run things but I'm at school until December and I doubt anyone wants to wait that long. Although thinking on it, "Tycember" has a ring to it.

*Shrugs*

Yeah, I might be bothered a bit by school, but I could make a map If I could find the time to do so instead of procrastinating.

I'll probably whip up a map once Doomed Space Wars is out of the way. And I won't rush into it.

Jaws In Space said:

A list of Ty Halderman maps on ID Games + TNT: Evilution

TNT: Evilution (Map 4, 19) 31 May 1996

Wow, Map19 was among the best ones in TNT. Thanks for the list!

If ya'll check out the DM Wads (Blood, Grievance and Pursuit), you'll find they have custom titlepics and menu graphics plus some textures - I'd might like to make something with the Grievance resources, perhaps. Maybe something a little medievalish? Anyone else interested?

I think I may want to just use the Grievance menu graphics, then everything else Heretic/ Hexen, but for DOOM... :]

Yeah, it seems to be verified that I just can't do a speed-map, so I'm out. Going to just continue to focus on my own project for now.

I have started working on a tribute map.

It is a Boom - TNT map using the Return textures and inspired by the Vivec city of Morrowind. Basically a series of deadly ziggurath on the water.

Screenshots will follow

geo said:

Sounds like all of September it is.

SepTYber

I predict my map will be done in September.

This is a great idea, i was just considering doing this, thanks for bringing it up. mind if i contribute? I've got some ideas.

I've been messing around with a smallish map in memory of Ty myself. It uses The Return resources as well, and aside from some cleanup and balancing, it's mostly complete.

Some random shots:

Spoiler

That looks really nice. I'll be sure to try it. Will it be assigned to MAP01, and thus use the Eternal DOOM MAP01 music, or perhaps something more appropriate for it, like MAP11, or 02, or something? ;)

Cool screenshots guys! This is going to be good!

Here's what I'm brewing:

It's a gimmicky map in places like his map19 for Evilution with lots of secrets, odd real life structures and unobligatory areas to explore. I'm also inspired by his map04 for Evilution in that there are two areas in the map, but they are identical as it makes heavy use of silent teleporter lines to give a 3D feel between the two. There are no keys in the map. So far I'm trying to keep detailing at a minimum as I don't want it to look too "modern". But I can't let go of my urge to align textures etc. properly :) It's made for tnt.wad.

Excellent performance Chris Hansen. Those goddamn crates are the crucial point of the entire sinister plot, imho.

Finally nearly finished with my Legion of the Lost remake. It really shouldn't have taken this long :o

uh, WIP screenshot? xD

Hang on a sec, I thought there was no leadership for this project. Those shots all look really nice!

Is this going to be a megawad, or separated maps? I see Mithran using Eternal Doom resources, while other people are using TNT textures.