Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGames

What types of enemies do u like killing most in games??

Humans and demons. Anything that makes blood to paint the walls. TF2 robots are probably the only robots that feel good to kill. They scream, their parts bounce off. Motor oil would be good too instead of blood.

I'm not saying that I have bloodlust, but there's something to be said about that wall and floor used to be clean, now its painted, because you killed an enemy. Seeing bodies rag doll into awkward positions or if you're Unreal 4, seeing them ragdoll glitch everywhere up to space itself.

Goombas and koopas were good to kill too. Stomping an enemy flat, stomping an enemy that you can then use its body as a weapon is always good. Its different from Mario 2's bodies being throw able, because they're not dead.

^This

Robots are good if they come apart properly and continue to function if they lose a limb

BaronOfStuff said:

Zombies. Not entirely sure that counts as a 'species', as such.

Does the Borg from Star Trek?

Zombie is more of an affliction of humans. I think people just really want to kill people. Calling them zombies makes it okay. A game needs to have an ending where live is normal and the protagonist is in a straight jacket saying zombies! Zombies! I'll kill you all!

I admit I once enjoyed the guilty pleasure of chainsawing hordes of pinkies, and I actually sought out WADs that had such situations in them (a 1994 "classic").

Also, pretty much anyone in Postal 2.

BaronOfStuff said:

Zombies. Not entirely sure that counts as a 'species', as such.

It is a species because it is no longer human. It's a part of a virus. So it's a different species.

VGames said:

It is a species because it is no longer human. It's a part of a virus. So it's a different species.

And then John was a virus?

I didn't know fanfiction.net was an author I always thought it was a website. Has it become sentient where it just writes on its own now? Oh wait written by a user. Oh silly me.

I was kind of hoping it was a deep dreaming sort of thing, but with fan fiction. it would write about dog imps throwing dog fireballs.

If you want to get technical enough to discuss zombies as Resident Evil viruses, their own species or undead, you can always talk about them being mythological. The Netflix documentary on zombies didn't convince me zombies are real.

1. Hell nobles
2. Humans (mostly Black Ops from Half Life Opposing Force)
3. Houndeyes (also from HL)

Zombies, Xenomorphs, robots, and Stormtroopers. Granted, two of those are a little specific, but I think there are enough Alien and Star Wars games to count them as their own category.

Basically, generally what I want is either a big, dumb horde I can mow down, or something that'll give me a satisfying splatter/explosion when I kill them. I think that's part of why I don't much care for human enemies in games - they're never interesting, and they're never satisfying to kill. Except Stormtroopers, because blaster rifle or lightsaber, ain't nothing like cutting down an army of those imperial bastards.

The only time I'm really okay with human enemies is when I'm actually fighting against other humans, in online games. In that case, at least there's the fact that your opponent was an actual person with a potentially similar skill level. That makes it challenging enough to be rewarding to beat them, without being cheap (because generally speaking, AI in games tends to have to cheat to be challenging, whereas when you're playing against another person, unless they're hacking, it's all skill).

For bosses I like lone lightning bruiser demonic spider gladiators that combine unpredictability, agility, and high damage output with low HP. These kinds of fights tend to be very intense but very brief, so as to not feel fatiguing but still leaving the desire for more.

For enemies, I like it when they're quick to dispatch without breaking your flow or sensation of forward progress, foes you can basically clothesline as you go about, like enemies from the original Spyro trilogy.

Conversely, I hate modern 3D beat-em-ups with their 1 million mindless enemies that take forever to kill and much prefer classic 2D beat-em-ups where you go toe-to-toe with 2-to-4 tricky brawlers instead.

Oh wait, we're just talking about the species?