Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

So, how old are you ?

I turned 17 july 18th, I guess that means I'm legally allowed to buy Doom from stores(if it were still sold in stores that is.)

Doominator2 said:

I turned 17 july 18th, I guess that means I'm legally allowed to buy Doom from stores(if it were still sold in stores that is.)

You're older than me by like 26 Days :P .

Doominator2 said:

I still remember having to get my dad to buy me Doom on the Playstation from a supermarket due to the 15 age rating. Those were the days, haha.

Doominator2 said:

Yeah, you'll just need some ID I believe. I myself still have a year to go before I can do that, 17 next year, but I'm definitely looking forward to Doom 4 which obviously will be rated M.
That might probably be my first M rated game I'll ever buy on my own.

TheCupboard said:

Noteworthy 'stache!

Oh, why thank you!!!! The lighting made it look ginger as hell!!!!! Fits the Hell levels in Doom methinks.

SavageCorona said:

I wish you luck with that friend. It never looks good when you're that young.

Yeah you know what you're right, it's not that it doesn't look good, but it gets really itchy and irritating after a while (well that's just goes for letting the facial hair grow). I'll just wait until I'm 25 or something.

ClumsyDoomer said:

Wow, same thing. I've just turned 15. Damn, I feel like I was 12 a bunch of months ago.

Huh, nice to have a young Doomer.

28 :) Love seeing all the generations keeping Doom alive still to this day! Very cool

What about 'how old were you when you first experienced Doom'? That's also a fun question. I was 8 :D

It's kinda weird, my 23rd birthday was a few weeks ago and it was the first time I legitimately didn't give a damn and had no party whatsoever. My present for my birthday was literally my fucking tax return. Woo.

Oh, my beautiful wife cleaned the whole house, that was really nice. That's the kind of shit you get excited about the further on life goes, rofl

EDIT: God I wish there were more Doom Connector logs from 2001 and 2002 knocking about... Kaiser had one where I musta been about 11 talking about "snot bags". Kids come up with brilliant shit, I tell ya.

Doomkid said:

It's kinda weird, my 23rd birthday was a few weeks ago and it was the first time I legitimately didn't give a damn and had no party whatsoever.

Happy belated birthday, you old fart! Yeah I stopped giving a damn about my birthday, too. It's just a reminder that you're another year older. Still nice getting the occasional gift and being treated like a king for the day.

Lol, Happy Belated Birfday Doomkid!

I stopped caring about my birthdays too around your age, not that I'm much older. For me now it's just an excuse to attempt to do nothing, then realize I can't, then get back to work ;p

But I will usually make one day off somewhere near my birthday my "unofficial birthday" and try to just have a day to relax. Don't need a party; that's just more stuff I gotta prepare for and clean up afterward o.O

I party on my friends' birthdays at their houses.

I still host parties but they are all about food and fire. Get a fire barrel lit outside, provide camping chairs, put on some music and throw $300 into food. Everyone else can bring their own drinks. I have my 2 brothers and 5 friends who join me + their girlfriends or a family member in this party and it's great.

The food cost is mostly from a Spit. I'm very fortunate to still have good loyal friends but it becomes more difficult to spend time together as we grow older so my birthday is sort of an unspoken understanding of a mandatory gathering.

Despite this, I'm a introvert by heart, I prefer spending my time playing a video game by myself over trying something exciting, unless it's about food (I'm skinny).

26, Happy birthday to me. Going to celebrate by hiking through the dunes for a few hours at Ludington State Park.