Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

1960s Batgirl Star Yvonne Craig Dies at 78

On August 17, 2015, actress Yvonne Craig died at the age of 78 from breast cancer. She was best known for playing Batgirl in the 1960s Batman live action show.

I didn't know Yvonne Craig much to be honest, but I do remember the 1960s Batman show, and I saw some episodes of it on Nickelodeon as a kid when it used to air there. I don't know if I saw episodes with Yvonne Craig in it, but I'm sure she was a good actress. My condolences go to her friends and family.

Go here for more information:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/19/entertainment/yvonne-craig-batgirl-death/

Well, I didn't know her either. Something about her being an American from a state I've never visited and nearly 50 years older than me. While I have seen episodes of Batman featuring her I don't remember enough to even guess at her acting ability.

So, standard platitudes: sucks for her family, RIP (I'm an atheist; I'm convinced everyone does this at least), she was probably a mostly-good person (barring evidence to the contrary), etc.

Ok, I should maybe care a bit more because she appears to be some kind of positive feminist icon whether or not she wanted to be. Probably a good thing. I'm 90% sure that's the reason she got any mention that was more than a footnote to fill out the part of a news page next to the ad banner.

Wow it's so sad, that we've lost about 110 celebrities this year, (including Ty) this really has been a sad year, what is to come of this generation?

vizyeay said:

Wow it's so sad, that we've lost about 110 celebrities this year, (including Ty) this really has been a sad year, what is to come of this generation?

I dunno, It's been a really sad year for deaths, really. I don't know about this Generation anymore, It was great since maybe the 80's and 90's, but now It's gone to shit. As for Ty, that was a really sad announcement, and It sort of hurts Me to see /Idgames all gray now. ;n; R.I.P