Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lvangundy

How about the Q3 Doomguy?

IMO was one of the best designs. Didn't look extremely blocky, and wasn't cartoon like, but kept enough of the Doom guy to make him recognizable.

What if the general idea of this was in D4? We haven't really seen anything yet right?

Not "cartoon-like"? It looks plenty cartoonish to me. In a GG kind of way. I've always liked his design for Q3 myself.

Yeah, he looks great but has a really unpleasant voice. I hate when I hear it in Zandronum servers.

I prefer him to have a full body armour in Doom 4, however.

I dunno why his six pack is exposed, on the cover art of Doom his six pack was exposed because the demons tore off that part of the suit.

I like both that design and the new one, though. Although it might be more difficult for the common person to tell the new Doomguy apart from Master Chief. :P

Hopefully Doom4guy has a less-ridiculous looking codpiece on his suit. The Doom 3 marines had extensive genital protection, in fact it was probably the most advanced part of their armor technology. It definitely looks like a turtle shell that can slide open, notice the grip marks on the upper part of the codpiece (as seen below)

The Quake 3 Doom character was pretty sweet. It doesn't have to look as much as a classic homage as the Q3 model when they design the Doom4guy, but it isn't a bad place to start.

TheCupboard said:

Hopefully Doom4guy has a less-ridiculous looking codpiece on his suit. The Doom 3 marines had extensive genital protection, in fact it was probably the most advanced part of their armor technology. It definitely looks like a turtle shell that can slide open, notice the grip marks on the upper part of the codpiece (as seen below)

You take an imp fireball to the balls, then you'll appreciate that codpiece.

TheCupboard said:

It definitely looks like a turtle shell that can slide open, notice the grip marks on the upper part of the codpiece

Guess it's time for HDoom 3.

TheCupboard said:

It definitely looks like a turtle shell that can slide open, notice the grip marks on the upper part of the codpiece

Well, you gotta protect your scrotes, but you also gotta relieve yourself on the field somethimes, ya know?

I ve always found strange how D3 marines have crotch protection, virtual reality looking helmets and bulky armor but no protection at all for elbows and hands

Winged_Warrior said:

I ve always found strange how D3 marines have crotch protection, virtual reality looking helmets and bulky armor but no protection at all for elbows and hands

You can learn to live without an arm or a leg, but you can't learn to live with out a package.

tourettes said:

You can learn to live without an arm or a leg, but you can't learn to live with out a package.

In the immortal words of Eddy Griffin, "You can hobble over to some pussy, but you can't show up with two good legs and no dick."

printz said:

Has a really unpleasant voice. I hate when I hear it in Zandronum servers.

I'm sick of that voice, it sounds like a mix of a woman and a man.
Couldn't they come up with something better?