Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godling

Which source-ports have dynamic lighting on sprites?

Doomsday has this feature... were a decoration, such as a lightpost, can have coronas and area lighting. I've tried glBoom+ and GZDoom but they don't seem to have this feature. Do any other ports have dynamic lighting on sprites like Doomsday has?

GZDoom does have dynamic lighing, but no coronas.
But the lighting definitions are an optional part that do not get loaded automatically.

Doom Legacy has coronas and dynamic lights. Doomsday and Risen3D have halos, lens flares and dynamic lights. GZDoom has dynamic lights.

To my knowledge, most gl ports have dyn. lights. EDGE/3DGE can light sprites with them, with 3dge just getting 1 stage coronas, see RUNSABER'S Astral Pathfinder for a test case.
-Would love to see me some R3D lensflares!

Thanks for the answers everyone. I asked because I prefer to play SP in Doomsday, but not all wads work with it, so I was hoping to find an alternative that at least has coronas... I think they really add a sense of space and depth to any environment they're in.

Risen3D is kinda similar to Doomsday and supports Boom maps.

VGA said:

Risen3D is kinda similar to Doomsday and supports Boom maps.

But isn't extreme limit removing (to my knowledge), only limit removing.

boris said:

I'm still waiting for someone to do a POC with Doom sprites and Sprite Lamp.

Dynamic lights and light decorations in Doomsday and by extension Risen3D, light sprites in directional 3D. I don't 'think' any other port does this?

Though said ports do this without any form of map, so they can't pick out crevices and such on the sprite's artwork.