Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

A wad for y'all to try.

http://puu.sh/jQVqc/3ab65bc580.wad

MAP01 and MAP02, Doom 2. ZDoom. Jumping permitted.

Tell me what you all think. I'm probably just going to keep adding maps on to this wadfile over time like a tumor, eventually add custom music and textures, a slow thing really. Enjoy.

Just playing the first level, and the first thing I notice is that the walls need to be aligned better.

Update: Completed the first level on Ultra Violence, I recommend adding more ammunition otherwise the player is going to really struggle later on in the level.

Update 2: Loving the second level more than the first level, better weapon balance and the texturing is far better. I recommend returning to the first level and doing fine-tuning, but the second level is good.

Update 3: Consider amending the Cacodemon in the cage. It does not affect the player in any way as it can't reach the player.

Update 4: Map03 is looking interesting, I am wondering how it will end up being like. Needless, consider adding secrets to your map.

Gentlepoke said:

Update: Completed the first level on Ultra Violence, I recommend adding more ammunition otherwise the player is going to really struggle later on in the level.

Low ammo was intentional. Don't tell me you wasted your shotgun shells on former humans, did you?

Gentlepoke said:

Update 3: Consider amending the Cacodemon in the cage. It does not affect the player in any way as it can't reach the player.

It still shoots fireballs, and it's location can be quite annoying if you decide not to kill it before moving on.

Gentlepoke said:

Update 4: Map03 is looking interesting, I am wondering how it will end up being like. Needless, consider adding secrets to your map.

I did add secrets, I just need to figure out how to get UDF to cooperate with me for flagging them.

Submerge said:

Low ammo was intentional. Don't tell me you wasted your shotgun shells on former humans, did you?

I did not, I used them on the imps for the most part.

Submerge said:

It still shoots fireballs, and it's location can be quite annoying if you decide not to kill it before moving on.

Not especially, the projectiles can easily be dodged and it can't really do much if you decide to leave that room.

Submerge said:

I did add secrets, I just need to figure out how to get UDF to cooperate with me for flagging them.

Gotcha.

I can't figure out how to play your map :-/ Which configuration should I choose? I have been through all possible configurations (doom 2, zdoom in hexen format etc.) but no maps appear

FanTazTiCxD said:

I can't figure out how to play your map :-/ Which configuration should I choose? I have been through all possible configurations (doom 2, zdoom in hexen format etc.) but no maps appear

How about using ZDoom itself to play the map?

Apologies for the slight bump, but holy shit submerge, how are you - Haven't seen you since the Clan Delta era back on DC..

These maps are both fun to play. The first one is a fairly small, very cleanly textured "patience tester" map - Use the pistol almost the whole time, then get to the spiderdemon and play the of patience for the slow lifts to come down. It was a really interesting puzzle element gimmick and it took me quite a few saves/loads to get past that damn spider.

The second map was very oldschool and was hard in a more traditional sense. Both are definitely worth having a play, you should get this onto the archive if you haven't already.

Hope to see more from you man, been a long time!

I like this. I especially like the Doom 1 styled room since it produced a nice nostalgic feeling. The pillars around the spiderdemon are a nice design idea. I haven't completed the level yet.

rdwpa said:

You really should post screenshots.

As a matter of policy, I won't play a new map from a new author that doesn't come with screenshots, unless I can see there is wild acclaim from other reliable members. It's like listing a car for sale without a description or pictures. You're trying to sell me on something and I won't play a map just because it's there. I have limited time and effort at my disposal (and yet here I am spending both on a lecture). You're only doing yourself a disservice by not posting pictures.

Okay, rant over.

Pretty solid maps, the only thing I found unusual was that you didn't tag ammo closets as secret (one in Map01 and two in Map02). In any case, I hope you plan to make more!