Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomero-21

[WIP] Revenge of Evil for GZDooM (DooM 3 spin off TC)

video:

The video show one of the maps. The story start after of the attack of the demons on Mars. Some levels will be like DooM3 and others will be new. The mod is only for single player.

I lol'd so many times throughout that video. That looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun to play. Also, given I've played that map in Doom 3 many times, I can safely say I no longer need to find disc 1 of my Doom 3 pc version. A little exageration there, but this does look really sweet.

My only gripe is that the pinkies look a little gimp health-wise. Granted, the ones here were somewhat far away, but that first encounter with them was really cool in Doom 3. While the one here looked cool as well, it also looked way too easy, even given them coming from multiple directions. Then again, they can still be threatening because of their speed, which looked fine, but I'm not completely sold on their health.

Everything else looks really cool. I'd like to see another video with the rest of the monsters and guns featured ^^

I want to miss the creepy melee zombies. But I really don't. :p This looks balls to the wall certified bad-ass. Can the enemies open doors or am I not seeing that happen? I like that the Resurrection of Evil monsters are included as well.

Looks awesome, I just can't shake off the feeling that I've seen this already years ago. For example here (2011) and here (2012). Have you made note-worthy progress in comparison to the previous years? You're apparently working on this since 2008.

i think the project's just undergone several different iterations under the year. the weapons and gameplay part seems to be relatively the same, but the level-design's changed. i remember that at one time he used existing Doom and Doom 2 levels as base for the level-design and it was found to be a poor design-choice (that, and the impossibly invulnerable guardian boss.) this on the other hand looks pretty swimming in comparison: the only thing that bugged me was the ambient sounds in the first area. maybe replace it with a longer loop?

actually this mod contain 4 maps, only i showed 2, mars city and administration, the map 03 is a hell level, and the 4 is a new tech base map. But first i am trying to Finnish the first map for connect to the second map. The construction of the hell level, was inspired by the hell level of the lost mission from bfg edition. I will show soon that level.