Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Antroid

So that one recolored screenshot that everyone likes...

People need to give DOOM a chance, It can't be a 100% copy of the original DOOMs, I loved how DOOM 1 and 2 were colorful, but I gotta admit, DOOM II wasn't that colorful either, It had brown all over the damn place sometimes. Though, put In the Red Sky In that screenshot, AND THE RED SKIES only, and It'll be a tad bit better, though the Netherrealm map In MKX had brimstone like clouds, and It looked DOOMish to Me. So... Ya know, It might work out well, even though MKX has nothing to do with this thread.

Fire and brimstone red volcanic hell is pretty goddamn generic and cheesy as hell. I think if even the Mario series consistently portrays its spooky scary final Bowser world in the same way that your Triple-AAA M-rated shooter portrays its realm of terror and torment you've got a serious problem.

I'd like to think that neo-Doom has more in store for us, hell-wise, than Doom 3. I myself hope it's more than just rocks and shit. The mountainous environment they showed was cool, but the classic Doom maps--and of course many quality mods--provide a cybernetic and highly structural architectural side to Hell that needs to come back.

I'll judge Doom based on how well it lives up to the spirit of the original, not being identical of course. For aesthetics, I'm using my own personal opinion independent of Doom and, even if I ignore the original Doom altogether, a piss filtered hell still doesn't look appealing to me. Fallout 3 didn't have anywhere near this much yellow and that was a nuclear wasteland.

Jaxxoon R said:

Fire and brimstone red volcanic hell is pretty goddamn generic and cheesy as hell. I think if even the Mario series consistently portrays its spooky scary final Bowser world in the same way that your Triple-AAA M-rated shooter portrays its realm of terror and torment you've got a serious problem.

I did mention the Sky was better Red after all, I didn't see Volcano-like stuff In the game either. And didn't the original DOOM have Lava as well sometimes as well? :|

Tetzlaff said:

New screenshot proves that there is no "piss filter":
http://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Doom-feature-2.jpg

What some of you took for a filter is just desert haze in outdoor parts.

Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious that it was just a haze, not a filter that would be present through the whole game. But still everything looks a little too desaturated to me. The recolored screenshot looks bloody terrible, don't get me wrong. I'd like to find a nice medium between the two though. There seems to be not enough red and too much yellow. It's not something that is really going to reduce my level of enjoyment playing the game, but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

I am very excited for this game and I really have high hopes for it, I would just rather see hell look more... I dunno, hellish. Reds and greys and browns, rather than yellows and greens. Fire, blood, and lava galore! :D

There's a high resolution screenshot floating around of a hellish area that is much bluer in hue. I think we'll see plenty of colors.

GoatLord said:

There's a high resolution screenshot floating around of a hellish area that is much bluer in hue. I think we'll see plenty of colors.

Where?!! I haven't seen it.

GoatLord said:

You mean this?

GoatLord said:

(...) that is much bluer in hue. (...) I think we'll see plenty of colors.

"plenty of colors" = cyan and orange

...If there is more colors, id definitely don't want to show them to the public =P

Noiser said:

"plenty of colors" = cyan and orange

...If there is more colors, id definitely don't want to show them to the public =P

They did show a Deathmatch map that was completely a blue hue In a Scientific area on Mars, with some other colors.

The only color we haven't found is purple. Once we find it, everyone can shut up. Like seriously, what color should a Foundry and Hell be?

Hm, to be fair. DOOM II wasn't all that colorful, It was a complete shit color throughout the whole thing.

Noiser said:

You're so edgy! But I will not shut up.

The """only""" color we haven't found ruling the environment is something like: shades of purple, shades of red, shades of green, strong blue (except for one scene, partially) and I can't even see that much of grey, a neutral and basic choice (with some exception).

So... roughly speaking, we haven't found anything beyond the cyan\teal and orange\yellow scale. Yeah, a plenty of colors.

You really need that many color contrasts? I'd bet the money in my pocket that if Id gave the players exactly what they wanted they'd still complain and say it looks too cartoonish.

It's like the people comparing new Shadow warrior to Doom. One takes place in a lush outdoor environment in Japan, the other takes place in a Mars space station. Obviously ones gonna appeal more to the eye.

Lets reserve judgement until we start seeing more stuff.

Noiser said:

And there is a difference between pure, irrational ranting and criticism with some base (whatsoever).

Little to no difference in your case.

You base your criticism on demos of some parts of two levels, which in fact are pretty much different in colour, and some screenshots of those same levels. You base your arguments on at most 5% of the whole game which is pretty irrational to me.

Noiser said:

Orange to yellow it's not that much different in colour for me, sorry. And there is other maps that have been shown beyond these two.

But it's different for me, Mars base(Orange/Blue) and Hell(Brown/Yellow/Red). Do I have to not like it because you don't like it? Those other maps (SnapMap and Multiplayer) belong to the same set of levels (Mars base), and again i like it.

Noiser said:

Analyse something that was not shown yet? Like predict the future or something? Sorry to talk that way, but I really don't understand this. You are saying that I'm prohibited to comment just because it's not the full game?

No, no and no.

Noiser said:

What do you want me to do?

Reserve judgement until you see more than 5% of the game, a lot more, like every other rational person.

Should he specify that he doesn't like what ID is showing us so far? Even if it's only 5% of the game, I think we should be able to judge it because this is the part that ID is showing to try to get us interested in it. If this is actually one of the worst parts of the game, then that makes ID look pretty stupid to be showcasing that particular part. They'd want to be putting their best foot forward to hype it up.

Noiser said:

And well... interesting that you can say that you like it having as a base 5% of the game. This is not supposed to be wrong?

No its not wrong, because I don't assume that the whole game will be exactly(or almost exactly) the same in colouring based only on a very small part that was shown, like it seems to me that you are assuming. If it's different in colouring it's ok, if it wont be more different from what we saw it's still good enough for me, either way I don't have to wait to judge.

Noiser said:

Ohhh, so I assumed that? Interesting man.

If you didn't assume that why make a big deal out of it then, if you knew there's a big chance you might like the rest of the game?

Noiser said:

And if it is reeeeally different?

Told you, I wouldn't be bothered.

Well in myyyyy opinion, red is the same as orange and yeller and purple is just a more orange teaaaal. Not to mention that horrible green, which is both teal and orange.

But that's just my onion on what id has shown so far.

I think they should stop following trends and start being original. Dirt is always brown, grey, or yellow. They should either invent their own color or make everything tie-dye.