Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

LittleInferno said:

I plan on making a mock-up of a crappy Wolfenstein 3D clone.

I would play it without seeing screenshots.

I don't have much to contribute, although if anyone made it to the final boss of Strange Aeons, I actually edited the sprite to give it a creepy-ass human face. It's hard to notice during the fight though.

Last night I was talking to a friend and we came up with a System Shock mod for Doom that just replaces the Doomguy with SHODAN for no reason. I promptly made a quick mockup status bar to go along with the idea.

I mean, this totally counts as a sprite, since there was a lot of manual pixelwork involved, right?

Here's what it would potentially look like in-game. Just pasted it over a screenshot, with slight adjustments.

Not sure if I'll do anything with this, maybe I'll take it apart, improve it, write a proper sbarinfo for it and make some cyberspace maps to go along with it. But I'm a lazy fuck so there probably won't be much done with it. Although, if I decided to continue this and make a full-fledged mod or maybe a short TC, it might get my aforementioned friend into Doom, so that'd be cool.

Logo for the mock-up of a crappy Wolfenstein 3D clone. Also converted to the custom palette.

And here's the palette. It looks like a total mess to me, considering I did this palette with SLADE's tweak tool by mashing my mouse and keyboard.

preview for the new zauberer mage, ive decided to go against the advice and make all 3 players female :)

littleiferno,dont use filtering in your sprites, several sourceports can scale them without degrading the source image

raymoohawk said:

littleiferno,dont use filtering in your sprites, several sourceports can scale them without degrading the source image

Are you talking about the modified Wolfenstein 3D sprites, or the mock-up stuff? If you are talking about the mock-up stuff, the actual sprites do not have any filtering. That's a result of using http://gifmaker.me/ to make the sprites into a GIF.

If you are talking about the modified Wolfenstein 3D sprites, Converting them to high-resolution in Chaos Edit was a big contributor, and low-resolution is for communists.

The Zauberer sprite is novel. She looks like she's full of tricks. I see the staff is an ankh, kinda great sprite actually.

glad you guys are liking that sprite :)

i dont think ive put this ones here. they are characters for a game i hope to one day make

doom palleted

not palleted

maz helped me do some of em

They look like martians/goblins fitted in gladiatorial combat regalia. Reminiscent of the Cylon's armor(1st left sprite) from Battlestar Galactica! Very cool I'd say.

here is a preview of a silly enemy for a personal project

obvious steven universe influence is obvious XD

Hey guys, some of you are posting your sprites upsized with one of those blur filters. I wanted to snag some of the sprites, but can't really use the pre-blurred ones! raymoohawk is doing it right (as usual)!

Been a while since someone showed up on here.

It's for MAP01 of The NIGHTMARE! Palace, The Possessed Forest. I didn't think about this until a hour ago.

Here's my current WIP on some explodable Doom cars, for a one-off highway map I was thinking of making for Project PAR. Think I'll ditch the idea, so for your gigggles, here are the fruits off that goofy labor.

6639321_orig.pngdoomcars.png.d55b3ebadf5f4550fcc349a089badeb5.png

Edited by Soundblock : image had disappeared

raymoohawk said:

walk frames are in the house!

Wow, looks great (and a lot of work :D)! Any insigths into animating such a complex character?

Omegalore said:

Been a while since someone showed up on here.

http://puu.sh/kAopR/6890ff758a.png

It's for MAP01 of The NIGHTMARE! Palace, The Possessed Forest. I didn't think about this until a hour ago.

Remembers me the Isla de las Muñecas...
Anyway what is the transparent color in Doom? I am planning a grenade sprites

Gustavo6046 said:

Anyway what is the transparent color in Doom?

There is no transparent color. You should edit your graphics in PNG format with transparent background, keep transparent pixels where you want them to be, and eventually convert the graphic from PNG to Doom format in SLADE3.