Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

TAS (tool-assisted) demos: part 2

Welcome to the TAS Demos thread: part 2!

This thread is the place to post all your TAS demos, or at least the ones you don't wish to put in their own separate threads. DO NOT post TAS demos into regular threads, the local custom expects regular and TAS'd demos separated.

Please do note that TAS demos in general are expected to meet certain (not meticulously specified) quality criteria. Sub-par contributions might get filtered into separate "learning" threads to maintain the standard expected of Doom tool-assisted demos.

Do not be afraid to post here, however. It is the best place to get hints on improving yourself and learn understanding the general TASing etiquette. Simply said, there's no better place to learn why you suck at TAS!

If you're looking for earlier TAS demos, check out part 1 of this multi-thread.

So we don't get thread statistics like when one of the older miscellaneous threads? :o

Old thread, New thread... Whatever. Main that demos will not overlooked.
Amm. I can't decide what to do on next UV-Speed:
AV, WOS, Vile, Jenesis, Valiant, CChest3, Nova or maybe SF2011.
Or maybe make NM-Speed on HR, SODfinal or NGMVMT1.
Any suggestions?
Also i can't make new D2ALL on next weekend. Haven't time for this. Through 2 weeks i guess.

HR or SOD would be cool. btw I found your scythe video amazing
just felt original to not use the rocket jump in map7 or so

But i did all my best. Pity that RJ in map07 and glides in map24 and map29 were ignored.
And i thought it's impossible to make D2ALL NM-Speed on such WAD. At least without Slow-Mo it's impossible i guess.
Maybe i can even make HolyHell NM100 on MAP05. Haven't tried.

MD922 said:

Why don't you get back to some TASing and inprovw that D2ALL :)

Who do you talking to? Oh, and how's your project doing?

Working on Map07 currently for Zone 300.
But I need some advice; how should I kill the mancubus?
There are plenty of rockets and plasma, so I should I even use rockets?

By fists :). It's so exciting when you can't even reach that object.
If seriously: I prefer RL but you can compare damage and speed both weapons on Doomwiki if you are looking for super optimization.

MD922 said:

But I need some advice; how should I kill the mancubus?
There are plenty of rockets and plasma, so I should I even use rockets?

Try both and see what'll happen.

heeyyyyy, here's for some controversy material!

Back in 2012 the now-banned Hock worked on a PRCP built run, and has actually almost finished it. Up to this day, the movie stayed in that same unfinished state, so i decided it's time to unearth it and just show it to everyone rather than letting it get lost forever. The last time i talked with Hock, he was willing to publish it after building map29+map30, but that was couple of years ago, so i guess he won't object to me uploading it. Besides, i have been heavily involved in the project (mostly in the routefinding/criticizm department), and the lmp contains my own input as well (albeit only a tiny fraction of the movie was actually made by my hand), so i have at least some say in this question.

It's over than 2minutes faster than odysseyofnoises' non-built TAS, and imo contains some neat tricks and ideas, but lacks the final two maps. There are few easily improvable maps, but the overall quality is in my opinion quite above average. So, enjoy this dusty gem. Oh, and i haven't checked for turbo tics, but i believe there shouldn't be any.

28prcptas.zip

Can't say no to new Hock runs. I'll have to watch that one later. I hope he gets round to finishing it as he was active still a little while back. I have always been interested in built runs but I am not sure how you go about them (especially XDRE 2).

Not controversial enough, you should have passed it along as legit unassisted demo.

If you wanted controversy, you should've remade it back to complevel 2. :)

The only "major" trick missing is, afaik, Looper's sexy map07 wallrun in place of the initial avjump, which saved a second? Shame about map29 not getting done, it's definitely the hardest one to route (ignoring map15 of course) and I didn't have an optimal path ready, so I was bound to be surprised by players' creativity, hehe.

jongo said:

heeyyyyy, here's for some controversy material!

Master, what took you so long? Full-built, huh? A pretty nice movie still.
Oh, and one more thing: Jongo, PM!!!1 Are you a ghost or something?

Zone 300 Episode 1 UV-Speed TAS in 4:50
I know, I'm really slow at making demos.
PRBoom+ v2.5.1.4-cl2 + XDRE 2.06
Times:
M1: 20.89
M2: 30.97
M3: 21.46
M4: 36.94
M5: 36.74
M6: 16.34
M7: 27.83
M8: 42.54
M9: 47.34
M10: 15.51

z3e1x450.zip

MD922 said:

this is just to show I'm actually still doing this run.

This is one unnecessary proof. Someone stepping on your toes or Azuboy's curse got to you?

MAP28 Tyson in 49:32 in 41 segments.

Feel free to move this post, but I don't really think it belongs in the TAS thread, maybe start a thread for Segmented runs? Anyway, this was really hard! I hope that I can get a single segment run at some point, but it will take a while...

mm28tyson4932seg.zip

Here it is, Plutonia 2 all, Nightmare Speed time 50:30!

Of course this is TAS, though the only tool used is re-recording.
I'm hoping to see a better time here since there's lot of place for improvement.
This was really fun to do, hope you'll enjoy watching it!

P.S.
dew, I used your txt's template :)

30p2xnm5030.zip

Wow, another unexpected entry, hah. Keep working on that segment usage. There's never enough of those. :)

EDIT: Moved the recent SEG demos here for the moment. We'll deal with the SEG/TAS differentiation soon enough, but the rule about keeping anything tool-assisted out of the regular threads still apllies even to SEGs.