Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Diamhea

Spiderdemon bug

I'm guessing this has something to do with Brutal Doom, as I've never come across it before. Basically, the spiderdemon somehow managed to walk on top of the monsters underneath him, and got stuck in the wall and ceiling.

Then a chaingunner he damaged was shooting him endlessly, for like 10 minutes, and the spiderdemon couldn't fight back. This seems like it would have gone on forever, and he only died one I shot him (once). I thought he was invincible due to some bug, but Brutal Doom gives the spiderdemon 4x the health, so this took foreverrrr. I just happened to shoot at the right time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoedPo7Fx3E

Oh and Doomguy's expressions are perfect for this situation.

Brutal Doom is kind of known for being full of strange corner-case bugs.

I believe its version of the spiderdemon only takes damage if shot in the brain part, doesn't it? The base is immune, I think. So the chaingunner firing from below isn't damaging it. Sorry for the misinformation, this must have been in a previous version (or I imagined it)

However I believe even in the original game P_DamageMobj can still cause the target to go into its pain state even though zero damage is done. So the flinching isn't much of a surprise.

What's most silly is that the spiderdemon managed to get into such a spot in the first place...

I don't think the Mastermind was invincible. He only got stuck. The Chaingunner was apparently just about to kill him before you fired at him.

EDIT: Oh.

RjY said:

I believe its version of the spiderdemon only takes damage if shot in the brain part, doesn't it? The base is immune, I think. So the chaingunner firing from below isn't damaging it.

Nah sci it kept going on indefinitely the first time I ran into it, I saved right when I noticed it at first, then went back to that save to record the video.

The base is invulnerable? Didn't know that. Would explain it...

Base isn't invulverable, but he has 4x the health. Spidie has 12k health on BD.

So I sat and watched... and waited... and he finally died. So nope he isn't invincible, still doesn't explain how he got stuck like that.