Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

BOSSDEATH for two Irrelevant bossess

I'm creating a wad that one of the levels lead to a boss fight , player will confront two irrelevant bosses and after their death , a common A_BossDie will be thrown and a special job will apply.
Can i do this ?

You can do it better: If you make your map in Hexen format or UDMF, you can make any individual monster perform any special action upon his death, by setting it as "Action" in the monster's properties in a mapping editor.

scifista42 said:

You can do it better: If you make your map in Hexen format or UDMF, you can make any individual monster perform any special action upon his death, by setting it as "Action" in the monster's properties in a mapping editor.

I want an action after the death of both bosses , not just one.
And i want to use Doom format.

What you want is not possible without advanced ZDoom features that are more easily accessible in UDMF than in Doom format. Doom format will not make it easy for you to include custom enemies or ACS - but both is actually possible. So, you can solve the problem via ACS script. This script will continually check if both bosses are dead - replace "FirstBoss" with the classname of your first boss, and "SecondBoss" respectively. If they are not both dead yet, the script will wait a second and restart itself. After they both die, the script will perform an action (any one you choose) at its end.

script 1 OPEN {
    ACS_Execute(2,0,0,0,0);
}

script 2 (void) {
    if(ThingCountName("FirstBoss",0)==0 && ThingCountName("SecondBoss",0)==0) {
        Delay(35);
        restart;
    }
    Floor_LowerToLowest(3,16); // <-- Replace this action with any other one you want
}
I still recommend you to use UDMF format instead of Doom, since you already have to use ZDoom, and UDMF is the most flexible format ZDoom offers.

If you eventually use UDMF, you will not need the script to restart itself every second, but you can just call it upon each of the boss's death, let it check if both bosses are dead, and if so, perform a special action.

BaronOfStuff said:

Are the bosses of the same species? You can just use MAPINFO for this if that's the case.

As the topic named , they are two irrevelant boss.

scifista42 said:

I still recommend you to use UDMF format instead of Doom, since you already have to use ZDoom, and UDMF is the most flexible format ZDoom offers.

If you eventually use UDMF, you will not need the script to restart itself every second, but you can just call it upon each of the boss's death, let it check if both bosses are dead, and if so, perform a special action.

Does UDMF format support all the Doom II abbilities ?

Yes, of course. Linedef actions must be set in a different way than Doom format ones, but their possibilities are actually a lot, lot wider and more flexible.

scifista42 said:

Yes, of course. Linedef actions must be set in a different way than Doom format ones, but their possibilities are actually a lot, lot wider and more flexible.

Ok , How to change my map to UDMF format ?