Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ptoing

Advanced search for doomworld.com/idgames

Maybe I am ignorant, but is there a way to get advanced searches going for idgames on the Doomworld server? Something where I can specify the game and ideally also the port I want to search wads for.

Would be pretty cool if that would be possible.

Hi Steve. And yes, old and new pixelation ptoing, indeed.
As you can see I've been on here for longer than you, just a lot less active :D

I hope links to demos or sites with pages of demos are considered. Maybe even links to newstuff reviews, youtube demos, or other information on that specific wad.

I have been hoping for a port voting/confirmation system. Would involve some type of compatibility selection. Some wads are made with the vanilla mapping config and only tested in zdoom. If this wad is labelled as vanilla, it could easily be broken when playing on vanilla. Also some wads are labelled as zdoom and work fine in vanilla or boom, as mapper only tested in zdoom.

Catoptromancy said:

I have been hoping for a port voting/confirmation system.

That would have the same potential abuse problem like wad tagging that was suggested last year.

It would be really nice if at least one of these frontends/APIs was open source.

i'm not sure how easy this will be to implement but i wouldn't mind seeing filters on idGames. for instance, maybe we want a certain type of map (slaughtermaps come to mind) or a huge map with 1000+ monsters. custom monsters, maps w/ boss, or a good multi-level pack.

I was specifically looking for huge 500+ monster maps and found it somewhat difficult to determine which maps had them and it took a while to manually filter so I was thinking a filter would make that easier.

EDIT: Shit. just realized this should probably should be in Wads and Mods.

I would like the ability to do that too. I have trouble searching for specific wads, but it's not that difficult to find what I want so it doesn't really bother me. It would be interesting to have a search engine that could find wads tailored to your specific parameters n stuff though.