Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

One-Level Use Gun

I want to add a weapon which is only usable in one level , and then replaces with another weapon which is going to be used in every level (don't count the level that the one level use weapon uses)
Can i do this with DECORATE , etc ?

No, but you can do it by manipulating player's inventory via ACS - upon start of the next level, check if the player has the weapon, and if he does, take it from him and give him the other weapon.

In practice: Make the 2 weapons normally in DECORATE. Let's say you named them "TheDoommersWeapon1" and "TheDoommersWeapon2". Then put this ACS script to your second map:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 ENTER {
    if(CheckInventory("TheDoommersWeapon1")) {
        TakeInventory("TheDoommersWeapon1",1);
        GiveInventory("TheDoommersWeapon2",1);
    }
}

scifista42 said:

No, but you can do it by manipulating player's inventory via ACS - upon start of the next level, check if the player has the weapon, and if he does, take it from him and give him the other weapon.

In practice: Make the 2 weapons normally in DECORATE. Let's say you named them "TheDoommersWeapon1" and "TheDoommersWeapon2". Then put this ACS script to your second map:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 ENTER {
        GiveInventory("TheDoommersWeapon2",1);
    }
}

There is a problem here :
That weapon is in a secret , not given by normal way...
EDIT : I think it was my mistake , sorry.
Thanks

The Doommer said:

I want when the doomguy takes the weapon , it gets replace by a weapon, how ?

Based on what your saying you might as well just make a new weapon in Decorate and place the file into your wad via Slade for pickup.

However if you're saying you want one level where the player is carrying a shotgun and when he picks up a health bonus (or anything you set it to) and suddenly the shotgun changes into a custom new weapon for the remainder of the level you can do so via ACS similar to the example above. You will also need to include the custom resource in your wad file. Change the ENTER into (void) and set the specific "Thing" to have script execute 1.

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 (void)

{
GiveInventory("PieceOfCheese",1);
}
}

However with my technique in mind there might be a fatal flaw, that being if you pick up the shotgun it may include both your new and old weapon in the inventory or just replace your current back to the original weapon. Or not, I never tried this before.

Alternatively: In DECORATE, redefine the "Select" state of the 2nd weapon to remove the 1st weapon from player's inventory. Example:

Select:
    ABCD A 0 A_TakeInventory("MyFirstWeapon",1)
  Select2:
    ABCD A 1 A_Raise
    loop

The Doommer said:

A question by the way...
Can i set their slot number both as 0 ?
won't ZDoom generate an error ?

yes you can, using KEYCONF .