Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaLiquidator

Good maps that have 500+ monsters without being too hard / slaughter?

Maps that play smoothly, are long, easy and fun to play, and dont have much archviles and boss monsters. They can be linear and undetailed, but long. I am looking for something like Double Impact or Vrack series or Jade Earth. Or if you want - DTWID style long maps.

there are some rather relaxed maps with high monster counts in Zones ofFear (ZOF.wad) - Enkeli's maps tended towards length, ambient encounters and atmosphere while Jaeden's felt more like challenge maps

Aeternum map02 by skillsaw is my waifu. Also check out the Europa series by Erik Alm. PRCP map15 by Xaser gets very close to the 500 mark without a shred of slaughter.

I remember MAYhem 2012's MAP12 being quite a beast to complete without being too rough, though there are some large-scale fights in it. If you liked Jade Earth, I highly recommend Octavarium's Ol' No Name on skill 2 or 3, as that is a massive adventure as well. I'm also going to shamelessly plug my DMP2014 map (MAP22) as being a tense but non-slaughter journey (on skill 2 of course, as anything above that gets kinda stressful).

Misri Halek and Stench of Evil from Alien Vendetta have about or over 500 monsters without being too slaughterish, thanks to the size of those maps.

I think of Object 34 as being similar to Jade Earth in all the right ways -- it's a huge underground base with relatively sparse monsters (but a total count of around 950), nice visuals, and an emphasis on exploration.

So I have played ZOF (big levels, hordes of weak enemies, plus I found out its Czech one), Favilesco 1 and 2 (best use of original Doom textures, I will rip them off for my wad), and Aeternum. Nice ones, Aeternum was best so far (but Map01 was my fav from it, cause fast songs make you play ballsy like "i need only 1% of health, the rest are for pussies").
Looks I got more replies, so I have enough stuff to play till 2016 :P
I will drop one for those who dont know this already: Community Chest 3 Map12 (but whole wad has many big maps)