Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koff3Katt

First ever Heretic manual scans?!

I've been looking for an entire year now and have yet to find scans of the manual, I've taken matters into my own hands and decided to buy the game again (this time in physical form) so I can scan the manual and upload it online. I've seen Heretic II, Hexen, and Hexen II manuals but none of Heretic: SOTSR so this may be the first time it's ever been uploaded online?

I can't get forum attachments to work so I'll give a Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z65dykce2d7fv35/Heretic%20Manual%20-%20Shadow%20Of%20The%20Serpent%20Riders.zip?dl=0

Plucky said:

I can't get forum attachments to work...

That's because they've been disabled. There is one exception however...

Speaking of manuals, I still have the ones for Heretic II and Quake.

Oh I didn't notice that I kept the attachments part, I thought I deleted it. I copied the text from my Heretic manual post on the ZDoom forums.

Plucky said:

I've been looking for an entire year now and have yet to find scans of the manual

You haven't looked in the right places. The manual can be found in .pdf format on the "Towers of Darkness" CD (if you don't mind greyscale pages) and Steam probably have something similar.

GreyGhost said:

You haven't looked in the right places. The manual can be found in .pdf format on the "Towers of Darkness" CD (if you don't mind greyscale pages) and Steam probably have something similar.

I just checked on steam and it doesn't have the manual for Heretic:SotSR

GreyGhost said:

The manual can be found in .pdf format on the "Towers of Darkness" CD (if you don't mind greyscale pages)

Yeah but the CD is a physical medium, not as easily accessible as the Internet. Thanks Plucky! Finally I know the official names of the monsters.

Bloodshedder said:

Have you considered properly cropping your scans so that the file sizes aren't so large?

Sorry about that, this was the first time (and probably my last time) that I have scanned images. I didn't know I could do that.

Bloodshedder said:

Have you considered properly cropping your scans so that the file sizes aren't so large?

I personally don't have a problem with the file size, although I first thought it was due to the size of the scans

I'm pretty sure I had a PDF version of Heretic SOTSR's manual before; though I don't remember where I got it.