Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

Two Face Boss

Hi , i want to create a boss that for example has 10000 life & after 5000 life lose , it will play a sound and it's sprite will change.
Can i do that with DECORATE , ACS , etc ?

The simplest way: Make a boss with 5000 health, who will remove himself and spawn a different boss with 5000 health upon his (the first boss's) death. The spawn function can be handled either via DECORATE (A_SpawnItemEx) or via ACS (SpawnSpot).

scifista42 said:

The simplest way: Make a boss with 5000 health, who will remove himself and spawn a different boss with 5000 health upon his death. The spawn function can be handled either via DECORATE (A_SpawnItemEx) or via ACS (SpawnSpot).

I din't want to see the green spawn circle.
What to do then ?

Neither A_SpawnItemEx not SpawnSpot creates teleport fog, so I don't know what you're talking about.

scifista42 said:

Neither A_SpawnItemEx not SpawnSpot creates teleport fog, so I don't know what you're talking about.

The Ultimate Doom E4M1 after taking shotgun. Aren't those shotgun guys spawned ?

No, they're teleported. Also, ZDoom features didn't exist back when the Ultimate Doom was made. Please actually read the articles I link you to.

Guest Unregistered account
The Doommer said:

The Ultimate Doom E4M1 after taking shotgun. Aren't those shotgun guys spawned ?

Next time you play E4M1, look to the far right or left as you exit the starting building; you'll see elevated platforms which the Sergeants stand on before seeing you as you walk out, which makes them step forward onto invisible Teleporters and into the main part of the level.

The Doommer said:

Looks like A_SpawnItemEx is old. (development version)

The "(development version xxxxxxx only)" thing denotes what specific build after the main 2.7.1 release that this feature was added.

Jaxxoon R said:

The "(development version xxxxxxx only)" thing denotes what specific build after the main 2.7.1 release that this feature was added.

Thanks for info.
I Thought they were old.

Joe667 said:

Next time you play E4M1, look to the far right or left as you exit the starting building; you'll see elevated platforms which the Sergeants stand on before seeing you as you walk out, which makes them step forward onto invisible Teleporters and into the main part of the level.

Yes , I saw that...