Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Untitled Doom64 project I'm working on. Screens have been artificially brightened:
-

-

-
I'm having a lot of fun with the fake 3d stuff!

Rotting Garden is getting a second edition. (Maybe calling this map "Hanging Death", in regards to the vines)

Seems like progress slowed on my project because I was unable to devise any map themes. And then I had this dream about a map in the same theme as Rotting Garden. So I decided to start making multiple maps in the same theme. Hopefully this helps my designing, since I've only come up with two maps so far this year.

Link to Rotting Garden for reference: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1181781

Y'know once you figure out what to do, it's not that bad.

I just need to figure out how actually make textures work right.

It's actually Mario made out of sparkly gel.

I think I might get it now... I need to use and export a material to an image and not a texture.

Just something I've started today. Here is what I got so far.

Release: No release is planned at the moment. Will depend on my inspiration and motivation but either way, enjoy.

This is intended for gzdoom for now.

It uses the cc4 textures.

Really? Well this is odd since I can see them perfectly on my end. Thank you for pointing it out.

I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Can you see them now? I've put them as thumbnails on the post.

I was working on a weapon projectile, and for some stupid reason i screwed it up, the result was kinda amusing

TheCupboard said:

Please cease with the non-Doom pictures please, they take up real-estate in this thread.

Yea, I was gonna mention It.

From that map i'm working on, some hint of the community project destination of the maps will appear when you take a look the link here:

http://imgur.com/a/hCgtc

imgur make me upload in album format instead of typical solo picture, i don't get why...

walter confalonieri said:

From that map i'm working on, some hint of the community project destination of the maps will appear when you take a look the link here:

imgur make me upload in album format instead of typical solo picture, i don't get why...

Look's pretty nice! Gives me a nice 90's map feel, but better. Really do wish I had some mapping skills, dude. Maybe I'll practice one of these days.

walter confalonieri said:

That looks great! I would create a custom metal strip for the crossbars rather than use that ugly brown step texture though.

Imgur will let you link to individual pictures, play around with it and you'll see how.

iori said:

That looks great! I would create a custom metal strip for the crossbars rather than use that ugly brown step texture though.

Thanks, actually i just using the stock PCCP2TEX.WAD since is a map for the Pcorf community Project 2, and one of the rules is just using only the given texture pack and stock textures, but i can see what i can do...

Tritnew said:

Look's pretty nice! Gives me a nice 90's map feel, but better. Really do wish I had some mapping skills, dude. Maybe I'll practice one of these days.

Thank you!

Ehy, i was thinking you and the other people out there can put your map (even a room, just put a exit and everything is ok, i pretty guess) on the DMP 2015 project, all kind of maps of maps are accepted (i remember that the 2013 edition had a lot of maps from community, why can't redo this guys?)

Rayzik said:

Rotting Garden is getting a second edition. (Maybe calling this map "Hanging Death", in regards to the vines)

Hanging Rotting Garden?

joe-ilya said:

@walter confalonieri Awesome retro goodness, the window with the cross in it is a tasty touch.

Thanks...

and Ahahahahah oh god what.