Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr radinki

Nonviolentish 90s fps for a 9 yr old friend

As I said. Can have a bit of content but nothing Doom-intense. He loves old shooters and has a GBA SP, an Amiga and he uses his dads PC.

walter confalonieri said:

nobody says H.U.R.L. ?

I was just thinking this, since it's 100% non-violent and consists of you cleaning off animals. Pretty kid-friendly.

Infinite Ammunition said:

Well, radinki did not ask for a good game, so why not.

Though Paintbrawl is probably as good as it could have been, considering the developers were only given two weeks and the publisher did not care at all that it wasn't finished.

Paintbrawl had sequels which were treated with the same carelessness by its publisher. The funniest example of that is that the fourth game in the series is exactly the same as the third: they only changed the title.

Have him play Sadhus Chauffer Trio (what's with the name, anyway?). Rather than being non-violent, it's actually so fucked up that the kid won't even understand what's going on, and simply ragequit and go play outside, which is probably healthier.

+1 for Paintbrawl. I remember when a friend of mine showed it to me, back when I was 11 or so. I remember thinking it was a really lame version of Doom, but the well had already been poisoned so to speak.

Dr radinki said:

As I said. Can have a bit of content but nothing Doom-intense. He loves old shooters and has a GBA SP, an Amiga and he uses his dads PC.

What about still using Doom, but on I'm too young to die? He is too young, indeed, and the game should become easy enough not to be scary. I always assumed skill 1 is meant for under-age players.

printz said:

What about still using Doom, but on I'm too young to die? He is too young, indeed, and the game should become easy enough not to be scary. I always assumed skill 1 is meant for under-age players.

i think i used this exact same excuse for playing Doom way back then, heh.

Uhhh... The Golden Souls, a wonderful GZDoom mod does feature plenty of violence... But it's sorta Mario themed and has those cheery Mario tunes if that counts ;)

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I was 9 years old when I played Doom, just introduce him to the good stuff and forget all this censorship crap.

+1

(But Adventures of Square is also cool.)

TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

Doesn't that have a wall texture somewhere of a nude cartoon woman, if I recall correctly? (I played it when I was a kid and saw it, heh.)

Yeah, as if that's going to faze a 9 yo kid which will have probably already seen more nigga gangbang pr0n than any of us had available at his age O_o

Why nonviolent? Are his parents super conservatives or something?
I think he should be playing Doom or Unreal Tournament and stuff like that. That's what I played when I was his age.

nxGangrel said:

Why nonviolent? Are his parents super conservatives or something?

Well, in that case he can play Doom by convincing his parents that Doom is Good because you fight against the Evil forces of Satan, and that Doomguy is a saint like Jesus Christ, as even when he dies, he dies for our sins. And he has the powers of both Jesus Christ and Reggae.

Agreed with General Rainbow Bacon, Scifista42 and NxGangrel. I am 90% positive that I was playing Wolfenstein 3D, shareware Doom and Doom II as early as 6 years old (and if not, then certainly 7-8).

Not only did it not do anything to break my brain, as I grew up a particularly well-behaved youngster (many would say too much so and they're probably right), but Doom II is now my favorite game of all time, so clearly playing it made me happy enough.

As for your request, how about the Descent series ? I don't remember those games being particularly violent.

Budoka said:

As for your request, how about the Descent series ? I don't remember those games being particularly violent.

No, they are just too confusing ;-)