Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

ZDoom , SLADE or DoomBuider for Ubuntu 14.04

ZDoom and SLADE3 - yes. Either you find their Linux version downloads, or if you cannot find them or the programs don't work on your computer, you will have to compile them from their source code according to instructions on their respective websites and wikis.

Doom Builder - no, it's Windows only. Anyway, you can either try using a virtual machine kind of program to emulate Windows environment on Linux, or you can use SLADE3's mapping editor or for example Eureka Editor to make maps.

If you cannot find them on their official websites, do the source code compilation, which is surely described on their websites.

scifista42 said:

If you cannot find them on their official websites, do the source code compilation, which is surely described on their websites.

Do you know a source port and an editor for ubuntu which supports ZDoom ?

Superluigieth1 said:

Yadex is the way to go. It edits ALPHA MAPS!

Eureka is a nicer version of yadex.

Wadc runs on Ubuntu and supports zdoom maps.

Jon said:

Wadc runs on Ubuntu and supports zdoom maps.

Supports DECORATE , ACS , etc ?
as Powerful as ZDoom ?
If it's an editor i should say : as Powerful as SLADE ?

The Doommer said:

Supports DECORATE , ACS , etc ?

Well er, no but..

as Powerful as ZDoom ?

Sorry?

If it's an editor i should say : as Powerful as SLADE ?

It's an editor, yes. In some ways less powerful than SLADE, in some much more - rather orthogonal.

I'll be uploading it to Debian in a few days.

Jon said:

Sorry?

As i said , i wasn't sure is it a source port or an editor...

Do you know a source port for Ubuntu ? (Supporting ZDoom codes)

The Doommer said:

As i said , i wasn't sure is it a source port or an editor...

Do you know a source port for Ubuntu ? (Supporting ZDoom codes)

Well, Zdoom is the only one that supports all of Zdoom. Eternity has quite a lot of compatibility.

Can I suggest you spend some time reading the doom wiki to get up to speed on ports, features, editors etc.?

scifista42 said:

What I told you 2 times already in this thread: Compile it from source code. Instructions can be found on the ZDoom website.

Read the post again...
ZDoom has a linux edition
But Where ?

Nah, the wiki says ZDoom runs on linux, not that there is a 'linux edition'. That aside, have you tried the builds that gez already mentioned in this thread?

Or, just building it from source like everyone else?

Mithran Denizen said:

That aside, have you tried the builds that gez already mentioned in this thread?

Yes , but adding debian repositories resulted my ubuntu software center to cause error.

scifista42 said:

What I told you 2 times already in this thread: Compile it from source code. Instructions can be found on the ZDoom website.

Hard job , why zdoom creators didn't create some of the linux versions like the famous ubuntu ?

The Doommer said:

Hard job , why zdoom creators didn't create some of the linux versions like the famous ubuntu ?

Zdoom predates Ubuntu by 6 years. Having said that, it would probably have been packaged in Debian properly if the license wasn't non-commercial/non-DFSG compatible (I would have done it myself), and that would have ended up in Ubuntu (like chocolate-doom ,prboom-plus, etc.)